Chanel Black In and Out Flap or MJ Black Quilted Stam

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Chanel Black In and Out Flap or MJ Black Quilted Stam?

1. Chanel Black In and Out Flap

2. Marc Jacobs Black Quilted Stam

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. This is my big purchase for now and I want to make the right choice. It's down to the MJ black quilted Stam which is $1350. or the Chanel black In and Out Flap which is $2850. I really like them both although I will say the Chanel is very comfortable on the shoulder. But the price is twice as much and I have to wonder if the look is worth the price considering such a large cost difference.

I'm posting this in the general forum because I know if I post to either designer forum, there will be totally partial!:yes: Help!

2. I'm not quite sure what the Chanel "In and Out" flap is but I have both a Chanel jumbo caviar flap bag and the Marc Jacobs Stam and my Chanel is far more versatile. The Stam looks good but it's a heavy bag and I find it annoying after holding it for long periods of time.

3. I vote for the Chanel. :tup:

I can't stand the weight of the Stam, but that's just me, ofc.! :smile:

4. Chanel!!

5. I vote for Chanel too. I think it would be more comfortable to carry.

6. the stam is more TRENDy... go for the chanel

7. chanel, although i prefer the in & out tote than the flap

8. Chanel.

The Stam is a "trendy" bag but a Chanel is a timeless classic. I'd rather spend the extra money and know I can still wear the bag 10-15 years from now.

9. Chanel

10. I'd opt for the Chanel. I love the look of some MJ bags but most are too heavy, especially the Stam!

11. Wow, I really appreciate everyone's input. I really thought it would be more split! Those who mention the timelessness of Chanel have a great point and yes, I have the Stam, she's beautiful, still in her wrappings and if I remove the chain strap she's not so heavy but that's really taking away a lot of the personality and the "point" of the Stam. Why oh why did I try on the Chanel before I left the store? Many thanks to everyone!:rolleyes:

12. Chanel is much more classic IMO.

13. Chanel is forever...

14. I am a MJ girl at heart, but in this situation I would have to vote for the chanel. If I had an opportunity to have a chanel bag I would choose that over a stam any day, mostly because a black stam is fairly easy to find. They pop up on ebay for decent prices all the time and Marc debuts a different version every season it seems.

15. Chanel IMO