Chanel at Costco

I saw this last week then it was gone. They had Gucci and Saint Laurent as well. They still have Prada. They’re legit altho not an authorized seller, Costco backs the product with their policy. I bought a galleria and wallets from there in 100% perfect condition. I’d e-trample over the masses on the innerwebs to get ahold of a black coco handle if it ever popped up at Costco!

So I came across this on their website today. I’m kind of shocked. I did a search and it seems around 10 years ago people were seeing flap classics at Costco stores in various places like New York and Nebraska. This seems shocking to me...are these real? Has anyone purchased? I assume this is authorized by chanel and is guaranteed authentic? Any thoughts?? View attachment 4598685
It's gone. I'm shocked :shocked: that Costco is an authorized Chanel retailer, but I would have purchased it.:lol: Not that I need more Chanel bags.

Reactions: Hana45
I saw this last week then it was gone. They had Gucci and Saint Laurent as well. They still have Prada. They’re legit altho not an authorized seller, Costco backs the product with their policy. I bought a galleria and wallets from there in 100% perfect condition. I’d e-trample over the masses on the innerwebs to get ahold of a black coco handle if it ever popped up at Costco!
Have you ever authenticate them? I got a Gucci Marmont from Costco recently. It doesn’t seem real after comparing with online authenticate videos/articles

have anyone authenticate luxury products from Costco? i’m really curious about the authenticity

I’ve seen lots of Givenchy, Ferragamo, Chloe, etc on Canada’s Costco site, but never anything like a Chanel. The website clearly states Costco is not an authorized dealer and therefore manufacturer’s warranty does not apply. However I’d feel pretty safe about them being authentic as they offer a 100% money back guarantee on all products. Assuming they must be past season sell-offs.

Have you ever authenticate them? I got a Gucci Marmont from Costco recently. It doesn’t seem real after comparing with online authenticate videos/articles

If you’re concerned for any reason, you can take it back. As with any major retailer, I think the only way Costco would end up selling a fake is if someone bought an authentic item, returned a super-dupe with the real tag, and it got put out on sale again. Go to the Gucci sub-forum to see if they can authentic yours.

You guys should check out this thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-shopping/louis-vuitton-sold-at-costco-220603-9.html

Scott.cs had an excellent post:

icon0.gif
Re: Louis Vuitton sold at Costco
Hello All!

I sent photographs of the Costco Sologne and a letter to Louis Vuitton to get to the bottom of this Vuitton-Costco Wholesale connection.

I have been told by someone at Louis Vuitton Criminal Enforcement of North America, that this bag IS authentic! The Sologne was re-styled (Micro-Fiber Flap, Leather Embossed Tag) before it was discontinued in 2006.

It was also made clear that Costco does sell authentic Vuitton, but LVMH has no part in supplying the merchandise. LVMH and Costco do not and will not have an agreement to carry discounted merchandise in Costco Wholesale stores. Louis Vuitton frowns upon the sale of their merchandise at wholesale stores as it cheapens the appearance of the label, but Costco is not doing anything illegal by selling it.

A few direct quotes -

"Buying our items from any source other than a boutique or e-luxury.com is not recommended"

"I am not saying that a business such as Costco Wholesale does not have high standards, but Louis Vuitton strives to make your shopping experience is memorable"

"Even though the items that I have examined from Costco stores have all been authentic Louis Vuitton products, it does not mean that counterfeit goods do not slip into their systems from time to time. Unless you have control over the entire inventory process, As Louis Vuitton does - There is no way of knowing what happens during shipment, delivery and stocking"

As it was said, Costco is not doing anything illegal but if they were selling counterfeit bags, this would be a much different story!

Okay then, So Costco Vuitton is legit, in most instances, but you should still examine the bag carefully. I don't see myself buying Vuitton at Costco, but for those of you who do - I would love to hear about the experience!

Hope you are all very well and had yourselves and excellent holiday!
wow very useful!

If you’re concerned for any reason, you can take it back. As with any major retailer, I think the only way Costco would end up selling a fake is if someone bought an authentic item, returned a super-dupe with the real tag, and it got put out on sale again. Go to the Gucci sub-forum to see if they can authentic yours.
thank you. Yes, I will post pictures but i’m new and my account doesn’t allow to start a new thread yet.