Chanel 57th ST. repair service [emoji7]

Maniwara

May 11, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have been seeing mixed feelings and comments about Chanel repair service. This is my first time sending my bag in and I am so happy with the service at 57th street boutique that I think I should share with everyone hoping that Chanel would keep up the good work!

My 13million series CF lambskin has loosen stitches on both end of the strap (sorry I forgot to take the 'before' picture). Since I live in South Carolina, the options are 1. Find the local leather repair and take risk on the outcome 2. Send to Chanel boutique for peace of mind although it will take longer turnaround time and may cost more than 3rd party service provider 3. Send my bag directly to Leather Surgeon and bear all the costs.

I called up NYC Chanel boutique at 57th because my in law lives in walking distance from the boutique ( just in case something needs to be done or they happen to lost my bag[emoji28] ) to inquire about the repair cost. The gentleman SA informed me that the repair work is free of charge. Just send in the bag with a note and they will take care of the rest.
I sent the bag in, waited until it was delivered then gave them a follow up call but didn't get through to the after - sale service. Was told that she was busy with other matters so I left a message that I just wanted to make sure my bag got there safe and sound.

Anna called me back a few days later assuring that they got the bag and the service is free of charge and it would take 4-6 weeks for the turnaround.

Exactly 4 weeks later I got a call that my bag is back at the boutique and ready to be shipped back. I was so excited to have my baby back [emoji7]

They sent her using an overnight delivery service so the bag got back to me in no time.

Here are the photos

IMG_1488820990.389876.jpg
IMG_1488821012.036944.jpgIMG_1488821024.290499.jpg

I was told to send only the bag and keep the authenticity card and dustbag with me. Apparently I got an extra dustbag from them [emoji4]

All of this (no repair fee, extra dustbag, free overnight shipping and I think they conditioned the lambskin for me too!) cost me only the FedEx fee to ship the bag in.

Now my CF has reunited with her little sister. I'm really happy

IMG_1488821287.367062.jpg

Last week I was in Orlando with my 4year old Reissue 226 GHW. The outer flap stitch came off so I brought it in to the Orlando Boutique hoping that they would give me a similar complimentary service like the one in NYC. They charged 195usd on "Restitch lining" service [emoji29] Since I have to part with my Reissue for 4-6 weeks anyway, I asked them to plate the chains and turnlock also because the hardware already show wear and tear. Those are 125usd each. I got this bag from Fashionphile and it came without the authenticity card so I think sending the bag in for some refurbish work would indirectly confirm the authenticity of the bag just in case I want to sell the bag in the future (which is unlikely because she will be my HG bag and will keep her for 10+years)

Will update again once I get the Reissue back from the repair. Thank you for letting me share [emoji4]

Reactions: HalloweenNight
I guess so. I am not so sure with their repair policy and I believe it differs from boutique to boutique - depends on the staff. That was why I brought my Reissue in initially only for the stitch repair but they said they could offer the regild/resilver services too when I mentioned about the faded hardware. Maybe I was just lucky! (The reissue bag is 4 years old though)
To my understanding, the loosen stitches and broken hardware can be done regardless of bag age or proof of purchase but whether it is free of charge or not is probably up to the staff's discretion. As you can see my 13million series bag got free repair service while for my 16million series bag, I have to pay 195USD. Part of the reasons I decided to take up this paid service is because they can fix the faded chains and turnlock also. Here are some 'before' pix
IMG_1488837477.448605.jpg
IMG_1488837542.252659.jpg

The chain is faded to a light pale gold color in real life, noticeably different from the grommets and mademoiselle lock but it didn't show so on the pictures I took...

It is also worth sharing in here that Leather Surgeon gave a quotation of the same services for a much much lower price! I kicked myself regretting that I should have either sent the bag to the 57th St. boutique or directly to Leather Surgeon. Anyway, I think the outcome might be different. NYC boutique might refuse to fix the hardware and sending the bag directly to 3rd party provider might break the 5-year repair service policy - if that even exists, so I took up the services offered at Orlando boutique.
I would expect the Reissue to come back looking much better than before. I will come back and post the 'after' pix.

The Orlando repair service staff did say that I would need a proof of purchase if I would like to have some touch up work on the leather, though. The black distressed calfskin on Reissue still looks fine and shiny so I don't need anything done with the leather. Hope this helps [emoji4]

Reactions: HalloweenNight
Oooh!! I did not know the boutiques had this service. The stitching popped on my jumbo that I bought at Saks, but I don't have a Saks in my state. My local NM told me I had to send it to Saks who will in turn send it to pairs [emoji24] I should call up the boutique in New York:smile:

Thanks for sharing! Your bags look brand new

Reactions: Maniwara