chanel 2.55: which colour would you go for?

I just bought my first Chanel bag yesterday at the store on Spring Street in NYC. I bought the classic flap bag in black. I think you have to first get a black one and then go on from there. My husband also bought me a bag from there that I never saw before. It is called "small tote bag" in gold. What a beautie! I wish I knew how to post pics so you guys could check it out. It really is a winner!

well, i'm kind of deciding between the black and beige... i know black is versatile, but it is also more common, and i am thikning of getting the beige first and hopefully get a black much later, perhaps when they have some special editions like the reissue in future. What do you think of the beige?

Have you seen the silver? It is absolutely stunning. I think I saw a picture of one on here somewhere. I would definitely go for that.

If I wanted a timeless one, I would go for the classic lambskin flap in black.

I have a black one with silver hardware, and I like that it goes with most things, but I think I'd bought it in grey if the store had it as I feel that grey isn't that common, and it also goes with most things. Beige and pink are also gorgeous, so I think I would get one of those if I already had a grey.