Cervo Hobo?

LLANeedle - Ok! That would upset me too!!!!! I wonder if this is happening frequently with customers owning that bag. I would imagine BV would immediately take it back and either repair it or replacement. That, to me, is the whole reason for purchasing a bag from a high end reputable company so that they stand behind their merchandise.

I would recommend phoning a manager at headquarters in NYC and letting them know what happened. Keep us apprised and sorry for this unfortunate incidence!

BgaHolic, the same thing happened with a deerskin tote of mine and several other members weighed in at that time that they too had the same problem with their totes. BV repaired my tote but all they did was to glue the peels in place. I've decided this is my last deerskin bag.

Awww! LLANeedle, you shouldn't have to feel that way! $1300 is nothing to sneeze at! If you don't mind, please put up a ruckus and call the NYC offices and ask for the CEO or manager that you can vent to. I always do well when I send a written letter. The truth is while bad publicity is still publicity, even a reputable company cannot afford bad publicity in this economy! You shouldn't have to settle for a peeled bag. It's not like I've read any complaints about any other bags you have. This really shouldn't happen. I wish you all the luck in the world!!!!

Yikes!

Ladies, I'm so upset to hear this is happening to your cervo bags. They are almost new so there is no excuse for this kind of damage.

My nero cervo hobo doesn't have this issue (YET) and I've gone over it quite carefully. I also have a matching cervo wallet that doesn't show any damage (I was concerned because a wallet gets so much handling).

Please keep us posted on what BV says about this.

I haven't had any problems with mine either however, the first one I bought at NM which was a store display did have a bit of peeling here and there. It was ever so small though but enough to have me return the bag and get a new one.

Hope you can get this worked out. :flowers:

i have a deerskin bag from Prada and same peeling occurs. it is in a very bad state now even with minimal use. the store manager at Prada told me that cervo is v delicate and that luxury goods are not made to last forever! what crap!

ok, my prada bag is showing more CRACKS in the leather than peels. here's a pix. so i am thinking maybe cervo is really delicate and the problem will apply to all cervo bags. :sad:

View attachment 1037919

I know this is not the thread for Prada. But the cracking problem happened a lot to their cervo leather. That's the reason why I don't touch it, even Prada cervo bags are very pretty.