Tech Cell phone service

Which cell service?

• Sprint

• Verizon

• T-Mobile

Results are only viewable after voting.
^ME TOO! Ive had cingular for YEARS..NEVER ever had a problem with dropped calls....They have been pretty good.I have to say that Motorola phones break very easy though..as Ive been thru 2 of them this year..LOL...

Thanks for all the responses. I guess the Cingular service is kind of spotty since some don't like it and some do. The main reason we went with Cingular is that my friend in Cincinnati (I'm in Virginia) loves Cingular and has never had a problem. I guess there are more towers there than here or something.

I have Cingular and I don't have a lot of problems..there is one spot in the city that doesn't pick up, but I've learned to deal with it. I had T-Mobile before and we couldn't keep reception anywhere!!! So far we haven't had any dropped calls with Cingular, but there is always that chance I suppose. I've heard tons of good things about Verizon but I don't think its available around here in our area just yet.

I have T-mobile and really like it. No problem and like the phones. I've heard of some areas not having good reception with T-mobile, though. I've heard bad things about verizon, though.

Everyone has a different story - I had Cingular for years, hated their customer service, finally left and got T Mobile - started off great but then they lost my service and they couldn't fix - cancelled my contract and moved on to Verizon - so far, so good. My fingers are crossed.

FYI, Cingular will once again be owned by AT&T in the near future and chances are they will be using the AT&T name, not sure if they'll do away with things like roll over minutes and such. I will be happy if they do, then I can opt out of my contract and go back to T-mobile!

I currently have Sprint but I'm actually wanting to switch over to Cingular. My family's been using their service for forevers and haven't had any complaints. I use to be a customer with them too and have had no probs!

sprint! great incentives to stay, and great cheapest by far internet service for phone.

to give ppl and idea, I've had sprint for 6 years and I have
$25/mo
300 min/month free
night weekend starts at 8pm
free pcs-to-pcs calls
call waiting, voicemail, yadda yadda

Also, I recently cancelled my $15/mo unlimited internet and messaging. (sprint vision).

go to the sprint users forum! each year, when you renew, you can basically get a new feature or $5 off/mo.

I have Nextel but want to switch to Verizon. Nextel is ok, my bf pays for the service & got the internet on both our phones & his worked fine, mine didn't. Didn't get it working right until like a year later. It's $5.00 a month for that feature which isn't bad but after awhile that $5 bucks a month adds up & for what...nothing. We have called & tried to get it working alot. And I would like a girly looking phone & Nextel has NONE yet. So, if I go with Verizon I can get the LG Chocolate Mint.

I have Cingular, never have had a problem. Even worked perfectly fine in France & Ireland.

You should look at the coverage maps for each company where you live & see who has towers & who doesn't & make your choice that way.

For example, I was thinking about switching to Tmobile to get a sidekick, but since I may be moving to NC next year, Tmobile barely has any coverage in NC & for the most part rents space from Cingular, so it didn't make sense for me to get a Tmobile phone.

Update: We decided to go with Verizon. Based on coverage maps, they seem to be saturated in our area, so that seemed the best choice.

Also, for those of you that want a Sidekick but maybe don't want to go with T-Mobile due to lack of coverage in your area, I got an LG enV that's kind of like a Sidekick. As far as I know, it's exclusive to Verizon, and it only came out on 11/27.