~ Celine Dion Thread ~

I watched a carpool karaoke with her recently, before she left Vegas. I don't like her anymore after watching it. She and James drove on the Vegas strip talking to people on the street and James mentioned she could give an old pair of her shoes to a fan on the street. This is a woman with probably hundreds of millions of dollars and probably thousands of shoes, and yet she got upset about having to give her old shoes to a fan. She came off as super uncharitable, or possibly she's just a hoarder. She mentioned that her assistant always tries to make her give items away and she's reluctant.

I watched a carpool karaoke with her recently, before she left Vegas. I don't like her anymore after watching it. She and James drove on the Vegas strip talking to people on the street and James mentioned she could give an old pair of her shoes to a fan on the street. This is a woman with probably hundreds of millions of dollars and probably thousands of shoes, and yet she got upset about having to give her old shoes to a fan. She came off as super uncharitable, or possibly she's just a hoarder. She mentioned that her assistant always tries to make her give items away and she's reluctant.
maybe she's a hoarder or grew up poor? I'm not a fan of her but I saw her on WWHL recently and she did seem to have a sense of humor....liked her better in that setting that watching her sing. she has a good voice but just not my thing

maybe she's a hoarder or grew up poor? I'm not a fan of her but I saw her on WWHL recently and she did seem to have a sense of humor....liked her better in that setting that watching her sing. she has a good voice but just not my thing
She did grow up poor, but that’s no excuse for a bad attitude about giving away used items. She hasn’t been poor for MANY decades.

She was pretending to be upset- that was the whole point of the skit.

So very sad:crybaby:
Celine Dion, 54, diagnosed with incurable neurological disease

https://mol.im/a/11516313

This is terrible... Poor Celine! :crybaby: I'm starting to feel there's some universal law that dictates that if you have incredible talent, you have to pay some terrible price for it. I honestly feel that way now. So many incredibly talented people who struggle with their health and not just the usual things but this is not the only time I've heard of a very rare disease that is cruel and incurable attacking a person with almost supernatural talent. I could name names but I'm sure you've noticed it too. Why?! It's like the universe saying "hahah, you got a slice of god-like qualities, now you're gonna pay for it" and it's cruel since the person never chose to be that way. I know if first hand, unfortunately. I hope Celine gets all the help she can possibly get and is given the choice on how she wishes to proceed. And I hope she can keep on singing as long as possible and living as good of a life as possible.

This is terrible... Poor Celine! :crybaby: I'm starting to feel there's some universal law that dictates that if you have incredible talent, you have to pay some terrible price for it. I honestly feel that way now. So many incredibly talented people who struggle with their health and not just the usual things but this is not the only time I've heard of a very rare disease that is cruel and incurable attacking a person with almost supernatural talent. I could name names but I'm sure you've noticed it too. Why?! It's like the universe saying "hahah, you got a slice of god-like qualities, now you're gonna pay for it" and it's cruel since the person never chose to be that way. I know if first hand, unfortunately. I hope Celine gets all the help she can possibly get and is given the choice on how she wishes to proceed. And I hope she can keep on singing as long as possible and living as good of a life as possible.
I was just thinking about that as well. I was aligning it more with the extreme amount of travel and the stress it must cause on the body, but there is no denying that these people that tour the world to entertain us have shorter lifespans.

this is terrible news. I'm not particularly a fan of Celine but I certainly feel for her. I think the universe is pretty random. You never know who will experience what tragedy, whether famous, talented, or just "regular" people. Sometimes when I see young people at the top of their sucess, I wonder what's ahead for them in the long run.