Celine cabas phantom question

fsadeli

O.G.
Apr 30, 2007
Anyone has this bags? Can you share with me the pros and cons? And if the leather scuffs easily? Any other idea of how to make this bag more secure? Thanks all!

77E60E88-5EDA-4BD6-9099-1E3B2D214BC1.png

In case these threads might help; there are some pros and cons of the cabas here

Last edited:
I have a lovely straw bag in that style, similar size. I’d highly recommend you use an organiser or some kind of lining bags so you can find your things in there. I use 2 small cotton bags with drawstrings to categorise my things when carrying mine.

Reactions: fsadeli
In case these threads might help; there are some pros and cons of the cabas here

thank you!

Anyone has this bags? Can you share with me the pros and cons? And if the leather scuffs easily? Any other idea of how to make this bag more secure? Thanks all!

View attachment 5144972

i went today to see both Sangle and Cabas Phantom to decide between the two, and picked Phantom in a smaller size. A larger size of both Sangle and Cabas Phantom is enourmous! I didn’t like the fabric strap of the Sangle, so the only hard choice left to make was in which color to pick the Phantom I already have a black YSL tote, so was choosing between taupe and dark gray… such a tough choice as both look fabulous! Went with the grey one as I feel like taupe suits better someone with blonde hair, I have dark hair and wear lots of navy blue…
But I still have few days to change my mind need to see at home whether gray works with my wardrobe

It’s a really pretty grey. Excellent choice. I just bought the black larger Sangle and already have the small Cabas Phantom in grey but just use it as a travel tote. The Sangle will be a casual bucket bag and I think that fabric strap works best in black.

Reactions: DeryaHm
I have the Cabas Phantom in grey and LOVE it! I too have dark hair and wear a lot of darker jewel tones and I find the grey goes with everything and looks really nice. Hope it works with your wardrobe and you love it!

I have one in indigo and one in kohl, both small size, and love them. They’re just so understated and chic. I once tried to let one go but couldn’t decide which so kept both and no regrets so far. Mine are about 4/5 years old and not showing any signs of wear yet.

It’s a really pretty grey. Excellent choice. I just bought the black larger Sangle and already have the small Cabas Phantom in grey but just use it as a travel tote. The Sangle will be a casual bucket bag and I think that fabric strap works best in black.
I hope to get a Sangle in black at some point, I have one in grey and find it a workhorse, really love it. As mentioned earlier I have three Phantoms in small, I love both styles.

Having second thoughts about the black large Sangle. I have a gap in my handbag wardrobe for a taupe neutral color and am thinking of exchanging the black for taupe. My question is, is it difficult to keep the lighter-colored wool strap clean? How would you clean it? Can you order replacement straps?

Having second thoughts about the black large Sangle. I have a gap in my handbag wardrobe for a taupe neutral color and am thinking of exchanging the black for taupe. My question is, is it difficult to keep the lighter-colored wool strap clean? How would you clean it? Can you order replacement straps?
For what it's worth I have the grey and purchased it pre-loved so I don't know how much it was carried, but my strap isn't showing any sign of soiling.

Reactions: Gourmetgal
Hey guys! I'm about to get the same bag in this thread! The Cabas Phantom tote in Small, and Taupe. I have been looking at photos of it for the longest time and seeing it now in store, I notice there is a variation in the structure of the bag. Some pics and reviews the bag looks more structured (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCMDzyJWJ8fQCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAL) I LOVE this.

However seeing it in person, it's softer and not as structured. Kind of like this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCMDzyJWJ8fQCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAW

and in some other pics it looks totally soft and almost beaten up - but these I attribute to purse users that are a bit more rough with it.

My question is - does anyone know if the leather has changed over the years? Like maybe they used to use tougher leather and now use softer?

I prefer my bag not to soften too much!! I feel like I could just be too anal about this, but it's an expensive bag, I want to know it won't look like cr4p after a while! I take care of my bags, but I also have a toddler.

Looking for reassurance more than anything because I LOVE the bag!!!!!