CAT Owners Club - Pics of your babies!!

gorgeous....looks like that fur would be a bit of work to maintain :smile:
Himalayan?
Thank you :smile:
Yup he’s a himmie, and yes it’s a lot of work haha. They were not kidding when they said he needs to be brushed every day. If I miss one day (in the summer) he’ll have a mat starting guaranteed.
We had him lion shaved a couple months ago when the heat started, he seemed to enjoy it :lol:

My fosters have grown so much! I have them only 1 more week and then they will be ready for their sterilization surgery and adoption. I think they are ready. They’ve been well loved and socialized.
View attachment 5143032View attachment 5143033
So sweet. Anyone who adopts them will be so lucky. We are going to miss seeing them, as I am sure you will too. But thank you for sharing their journey.

So sweet. Anyone who adopts them will be so lucky. We are going to miss seeing them, as I am sure you will too. But thank you for sharing their journey.
We are going to miss them. They are a lot of fun. I usually take about 3-4 weeks between litters because I need to regroup emotionally.

so cute and you've socialized them so well :smile:
They’re little Purr Monsters and are great Nap Buddies with us. My husband goes to the gym every morning and takes a nap after lunch. They love to curl up beside and on him.

We are going to miss them. They are a lot of fun. I usually take about 3-4 weeks between litters because I need to regroup emotionally.

They’re little Purr Monsters and are great Nap Buddies with us. My husband goes to the gym every morning and takes a nap after lunch. They love to curl up beside and on him.
in winter there aren't many kittens? so you do most of your fostering in Spring/Summer?

you just do kittens? (not adult kitties)
Mainly kittens because they need a place to go to until they can go up for adoption. The kittens are too fragile, too susceptible to illness to stay at the shelter so a network of volunteer fosters take them. We have our own adult cats and they are much more welcoming to the Littles than adults.

One of my friends takes adults that need serious medical care. There is also a group of fosters that take in adults that really need some consistent attention to socialize and gain confidence, cats that aren’t feral but need a lot of love.

I have had adults when the shelter needed to clear out all the animals - preparation for a hurricane or this past winter when Houston had it’s Big Freeze.

Mainly kittens because they need a place to go to until they can go up for adoption. The kittens are too fragile, too susceptible to illness to stay at the shelter so a network of volunteer fosters take them. We have our own adult cats and they are much more welcoming to the Littles than adults.

One of my friends takes adults that need serious medical care. There is also a group of fosters that take in adults that really need some consistent attention to socialize and gain confidence, cats that aren’t feral but need a lot of love.

I have had adults when the shelter needed to clear out all the animals - preparation for a hurricane or this past winter when Houston had it’s Big Freeze.
wonderful work you and your friends are doing and I'm sure very rewarding

Reactions: CanuckBagLover