Cassette, Jodie, or Shoulder Pouch...oh my!

I took the plunge and ordered two of the bags! Here are some pics of both (and my thoughts below!)...

View attachment 4729880 View attachment 4729881 View attachment 4729882 View attachment 4729883

Jodie Bag (this is one size bigger than the mini -- so maybe the regular?)
The color and leather are beautiful. I REALLY wanted to love this bag, but the shoulder strap is awkwardly wide. I imagine myself carrying this bag as a shoulder bag, so I don't think this would work for me. It does look cuter if you hand-carry it. The bag is stuffed in these photos, which does make it poofier, and when not stuffed it lays a little better against my body, though I do think it is quite a poofy bag, which makes it awkward to carry. Returning, sadly.

Cassette Bag in white
I was surprised by how big this bag is! I've seen it in tons of photos, but the size still surprised me. For reference, I'm about 5'9", 26 inch waist. I don't understand how this bag looks so cute as a crossbody bag in so many people's photos lol! It seems too large for that, in my opinion (even when I extend the strap). I do think it's cute as a shoulder bag though! Still pondering if I'm going to keep it. I will say that it's a BEAUTIFUL bag. I really do love it, it's just about 2 inches bigger than I think I was expecting it to be.
Thank you so much for sharing the pictures and your thoughts on these bags. I adore the blue Jodie! I’m definitely ordering this one after seeing it on you. I wanted the black but this blue is just gorgeous.
I agree that the cassette looks better as a shoulder bag

Reactions: RT1
I love the Cassette on you-
I had the jodie and sold it because the strap kept slipping off my shoulder and when I wore it with a big coat it just didn't work tucked under my arm and looked stupid worn in the crook of my elbow..it was a BIG mistake !
Thank you for sharing that! Definitely food for thought. Did the leather soften a bit with use? and did that help with shoulder carry?

What does the Cassette bag hold? I've read a lot of reviews that say it's really 'small' inside and doesn't hold much. Thoughts? ETA: Forgot to thank you for the great two-in-one review, very informative and great photos!
I want to know also

It is quite small inside. I just checked and it would fit a long wallet, a phone, keys, and maaaybe a sunglasses case on top. If not a sunglasses case, then you could fit some other smaller things on top. I tend to carry an iPhone, small wallet, keys, chapstick, and lip color, which all fit easily. If you're familiar with Chanel's classic flaps, then I'd say the width of the Cassette is similar inside, but add 1-2 inches on the top of more space. Hope that helps!

Reactions: RT1 and indiaink
Thank you so much for sharing the pictures and your thoughts on these bags. I adore the blue Jodie! I’m definitely ordering this one after seeing it on you. I wanted the black but this blue is just gorgeous.
I agree that the cassette looks better as a shoulder bag

After your comment, I decided to try the Jodie again because I really do love it and want it to work. I took out the stuffing and walked around the house and I feel like I found a way to wear it that feels less awkward and poofy to me! I actually might end up keeping it! It's a gorgeous bag and the blue color is so pretty.

Reactions: RT1 and babypanda
I took the plunge and ordered two of the bags! Here are some pics of both (and my thoughts below!)...

View attachment 4729880 View attachment 4729881 View attachment 4729882 View attachment 4729883

Jodie Bag (this is one size bigger than the mini -- so maybe the regular?)
The color and leather are beautiful. I REALLY wanted to love this bag, but the shoulder strap is awkwardly wide. I imagine myself carrying this bag as a shoulder bag, so I don't think this would work for me. It does look cuter if you hand-carry it. The bag is stuffed in these photos, which does make it poofier, and when not stuffed it lays a little better against my body, though I do think it is quite a poofy bag, which makes it awkward to carry. Returning, sadly.

Cassette Bag in white
I was surprised by how big this bag is! I've seen it in tons of photos, but the size still surprised me. For reference, I'm about 5'9", 26 inch waist. I don't understand how this bag looks so cute as a crossbody bag in so many people's photos lol! It seems too large for that, in my opinion (even when I extend the strap). I do think it's cute as a shoulder bag though! Still pondering if I'm going to keep it. I will say that it's a BEAUTIFUL bag. I really do love it, it's just about 2 inches bigger than I think I was expecting it to be.
Looks like the color ice isn’t available on the Bottega website anymore. I already texted my SA to ask him if he can find one but didn’t get an answer. Not sure if they are fully back to work yet. May I ask where you ordered your bags please?

I sold my cassette for that exact reason, it's bulky and holds as much as the mini pouch. I've sold a few new Bottega bags bc of similar "issues". They are addictive and beautiful, but the functionality is off on many of the designs. The mini pouch is my favourite that I currently own, BUT you have to be mindful to close the magnet completely. So far every single style I've tried has some sort of functionality problem. But I can't stop looking at them, LOL.

Reactions: RT1 and babypanda
Hey all! I have been researching each of the bags in the title for the last couple months, trying to decide which one I want...but I'm totally stuck and cannot decide. I love them all.

Some thoughts:
  • I really love the color "ice," which seems to be a blue-grey. I don't have any blue bags, and I thiiiink I'd be able to work it into my wardrobe? I also like the white color they offer in the Cassette, and I have no white bags.
  • I have quite a few cross-body bags with fairly limited space (like Chanel bags), some hand-carry bags, but almost no shoulder bags. This is why I'm leaning toward the Jodie or Shoulder Pouch. I don't carry very much in my day-to-day, but I do like having the option.
  • I really dig the Shoulder Pouch in Cammello, but I have a Loewe Puzzle in tan, and I'm thinking they'd be too similar. Maybe not?
  • I usually wear jewel tones, or neutrals. Usually fairly casual with a little edge (like Vans high tops with a dress).
Here are the options I'm considering:
View attachment 4722992 View attachment 4722993 View attachment 4722994 View attachment 4722995 View attachment 4722996

Any thoughts? Do you own any of these bags and have a suggestion? Are these colors true to real life? Any suggestions based on my bullet points above? Thank you :smile:
I have literally purchased and returned EACH one of these, so I have a few thoughts:

Padded cassette: the shoulder strap is functional and cross body capabilities make it a very wearable style. The padding prohibits carrying as much as you think you could fit. It can also be a little bulky but it's SO COOL. I sold mine after using it a few times and I kind of regret it.

Shoulder pouch was the first one I really wanted, the delicious leather reminds me of a vintage leather sofa and I still really want one despite returning TWO. The small is such an awkward size for daily use. Maybe the strap length requires getting used to? I'm petite and I could not wear it over a jacket, I have a toddler so that seemed like it waould be a problem. So then I exchanged it for the medium size which is REALLY big. It's very luxurious, I just found that the extreme oversize only looked good with perfectly curated looks, so I opted out.

Then, I've been hung up on the Jodie. this one might be the most functional but the width of the strap might slip off the shoulder sometimes bc it's so wide. I'm still considering it. I think it would look cool with most outfits. I'm just used to cross body bags now so should carry is an awkward transition.

I hope this helps! My SA probably thinks I'm so annoying.

@NYERINLONDON: what you’ve written above is case in point why I’m giving up on new BV. The designs miss something in functionality or functionality comes at the cost of design and then there are quality issues. It’s just depressing, because under TM, while there were some bags that were duds, overall the trifecta of design, function and quality was achieved much more often.

`
@NYERINLONDON: what you’ve written above is case in point why I’m giving up on new BV. The designs miss something in functionality or functionality comes at the cost of design and then there are quality issues. It’s just depressing, because under TM, while there were some bags that were duds, overall the trifecta of design, function and quality was achieved much more often.
it's true. I do think they are all so unique and truly beautiful bags, but it's almost like there was no quality control or functionality testing? I think that's why so many are being resold. Combine that with bloggers selling their gifted bags.

Reactions: wisconsin and RT1
Curious to know how you feel about the Jodie. I find that it looks a lot like the old classic Veneta but with a twist? Do you also think it’s less functional or of lesser quality than old Veneta? It is so far the only BV I find practical. I bought the mini but can’t do a review since I haven’t had the chance to use it. I am about to purchase the small next week and can’t really find a lot of reviews
Another new model I find interesting is the Arco. It looks quite functional but can’t justify buying it at the moment.

Curious to know how you feel about the Jodie...
Another new model I find interesting is the Arco. It looks quite functional but can’t justify buying it at the moment.

I bought the suede Jodie in medium after consigning both the orange leather and the suede one. I kept the suede and never used it and sold it last week.

Functionally, the bag seems to work. The opening is large enough to get things easily, the strap drop works with a coat and the size holds most things. I thought the strap was a hair wide but the knot detail served as good clutch point or mechanism to help it stay put. So functionally, it generally worked. Design wise, I don’t care for the larger weave. On a squared bag it works but because of the curves and cinches with the Jodie, the weave buckled and it looked cheap to me. And I found the knot detail a bit trendy.

I think the Arco is a nice looking bag actually. There’s a simple line and the strap drop is practical. But I don’t care for the pieced interior lining at all. That reason alone is why I haven’t and won’t buy it. Such an elegant bag on the outside and a cheaply constructed interior. I don't want to be sad every time I open my bag thinking what could have been...