Cartier watch owners: please show us your watches...

My grandfather gave me this watch for my 30th birthday 10 years ago. I'm not sure when he bought it but I've only had it serviced once around 5 years ago and it works perfectly. It was one of his and I treasure it dearly ❤
View attachment 4844675
Hi, that's a beautiful watch. May I ask how much the servicing was for the watch? I got a new watch from the boutique yesterday and didn't think about needing to service it down the road, I'm kinda having second thoughts about it now

Reactions: lenica and ronnie20
hi there, may I ask how much was the servicing for the watch? this may affect the decision on a watch I just bought, thank you!

I had the same watch service about 5-6 years ago for about $450 at a Cartier boutique. It seemed like a bargain since having my Rolex serviced around that time was $600. Still, not that bad since one doesn't have to do it every year, plus new watches have an 8 year warranty.

Reactions: keodi
wowww is this the medium size? Have you tried on the small one?

I'm also comparing this combo to the ss with diamonds.
It sounds like you’re having a similar thought process to what I went through. I was going to purchase the SS with diamonds in the small model because it is beautiful, and the diamonds add an extra pop. After some further thought, I decided to get the SS/PG model because I am building up my collection of PG, and my current stack is all PG. I took home the small model, and it was quite lovely. It looks beautiful stacked and is so elegant! After waffling back and forth, I felt like it just did not hold its own solo on my left wrist compared to my stack on my right wrist that I’m still refining. It was definitely overpowered, so I exchanged for the medium model. The bracelet on the medium model is divine, and the watch itself is a little more practical since the face is not so small. I do have pretty small wrists, so many advised me to get the small model. But my jewelry has to be balanced. And it looked quite strange for me to have this tiny delicate watch on one wrist and this huge stack on the other wrist. Hope this helps you decide!

It sounds like you’re having a similar thought process to what I went through. I was going to purchase the SS with diamonds in the small model because it is beautiful, and the diamonds add an extra pop. After some further thought, I decided to get the SS/PG model because I am building up my collection of PG, and my current stack is all PG. I took home the small model, and it was quite lovely. It looks beautiful stacked and is so elegant! After waffling back and forth, I felt like it just did not hold its own solo on my left wrist compared to my stack on my right wrist that I’m still refining. It was definitely overpowered, so I exchanged for the medium model. The bracelet on the medium model is divine, and the watch itself is a little more practical since the face is not so small. I do have pretty small wrists, so many advised me to get the small model. But my jewelry has to be balanced. And it looked quite strange for me to have this tiny delicate watch on one wrist and this huge stack on the other wrist. Hope this helps you decide!
Very nice to have your thoughts about the size.

I’ve tried on the small 2 tones w/ diamonds and it looked vey feminine and luxurious. I also have a small wrist too and got confused about what should be the right one. I totally understand your point on the practical reason when comparing the small to the medium. The dial on the small size is so tiny to the point I told myself this is a jewelry piece, not the watch so the dial visibility is not so important lol! BTW at this price point, we still want to clearly see what time is it since what we buy is a watch.

BE6C5E61-D524-4B84-90A1-053A5F0B8695.jpeg