Cartier watch owners: please show us your watches...

I need help deciding on my first Cartier watch for a milestone birthday! Was set on the BB a few years ago, but recently started liking the tank styles better. They only had a 28mm BB in store & it looked too small. I think I like either the medium Tank Francaise or small Tank Anglaise. I love the classic look of the Francaise, but really prefer the silver flinqué dial on the Anglaise. I'd be purchasing in SS but had to try the Anglaise in RG as it's all they had in stock. Please help! What looks best? (Including pics of everything I tried)View attachment 3718336 View attachment 3718337 View attachment 3718338 View attachment 3718339 View attachment 3718340 View attachment 3718341

I vote Tank Francaise or Santos. The Panthere has just been re-released, and it's always been a favorite of mine. Before you make a final decision, I suggest you consider that model as well.

Last edited:
I vote Tank Francaise or Santos. The Panthere has just been re-released, and it's always been a favorite of mine. Before you make a final decision, I suggest you consider that model as well.
Thank you, I need to look at the Panthere as well. I tried on the watches on vacation a couple of months ago, as there are no Cartier ADs where I live and I will be ordering online. The Panthere hadn't been released yet but it does look like a beautiful model! I liked how the Santos looked, but I thought it wasn't versatile enough for my first Cartier (to me it looks quite sporty and I couldn't see wearing it to a dressy event; I already have a Nomos Tetra Kleene as a casual watch that I love). The Panthere seems like it would look similar on the wrist but would be dressier. My current go-to all purpose watch is the Longines Dolce Vita tank and I'm looking to upgrade :smile:

They all look great on you so you can't go wrong! Seems like you prefer the Anglaise so go with that one. I actually like it over Francaise and BB for me personally. I do like the Santos too on you. Have you tried the new Panthere? That is on my wish list! So sleek and elegant.
Haven't tried the Panthere yet, but I agree! I am leaning a bit towards the TA because of the dial and the similar size/look to my Longines tank, which I've had and loved since 2001. My husband also ordered a large TF with the silver dial that I like, not sure if it's too big for a dressy watch, but I like the silver dial, and the automatic movement is a nice bonus (I didn't like the ivory dial on the medium TF with my skin tone). These watches all look bigger in photos than IRL.

Large TF, automatic:

IMG_2633.JPG

My well-loved Longines:

IMG_2632.JPG

My Nomos (which I love for its unique combination of a fun look with a very serious mechanical movement):

IMG_2630.JPG

IMG_2631.JPG

Ok...narrowed it down to these 2. Can't decide! I like the TF better for casual/everyday based on size, but love the face, rectangular shape, & shinier case on TA, plus TA looks dressier on me (TF looks like I'm wearing a men's watch bc of my wrist size). First world problems, wish I could keep both!

Opinions appreciated!]

The TA looks better on your wrist IMO. Don't know why. I'm a big fan of the TF but in this case, I like the TA better.

Ok...narrowed it down to these 2. Can't decide! I like the TF better for casual/everyday based on size, but love the face, rectangular shape, & shinier case on TA, plus TA looks dressier on me (TF looks like I'm wearing a men's watch bc of my wrist size). First world problems, wish I could keep both!

Opinions appreciated!

View attachment 3729109

View attachment 3729110

I think the TA looks better on you, more proportionate to your size. If you really really like the TF, perhaps try on a size smaller. The current looks seems oversized. Just my humble opinion.

Opinions appreciated!

View attachment 3729109

View attachment 3729110

Definitely the TA, it looks dressier and just beautiful. It has the wow factor on you. The TF is beautiful too but doesn't have the "wow", in my opinion.

I think the TA looks better on you, more proportionate to your size. If you really really like the TF, perhaps try on a size smaller. The current looks seems oversized. Just my humble opinion.

Definitely the TA, it looks dressier and just beautiful. It has the wow factor on you. The TF is beautiful too but doesn't have the "wow", in my opinion.

Thank you very much for the advice! I was hesitating over the TA because of the continued trend towards oversized women's watches, but it is so beautiful. I think I'm going to go with TA.

Opinions appreciated!

View attachment 3729109

View attachment 3729110

Love the TA on you. The proportions look more elegant and timeless IMO.