Cartier unpopular opinions

This is so funny because I have had JUC with diamonds for a little while now and I keep thinking do I need the plain one. Something about the plain looks so lux. All that gold!

I think the reason I changed my mind is that the JUC looks more like "just a nail" without diamonds, and somehow that appeals to me more lately. Like if I were to wear a nail bracelet, I really want it to look like a nail. But who knows; in another year I might change my mind again! :lol:

Echoing many others, I don’t like the Panthere collection. The bracelet and rings are just so-so.

Panthere watch gives me old-lady vibes.

I’m not a fan of WG anything, or Cartier RG against my skin tone (though RG looks so good on others!).

I don’t like the thin loves apart from the pave, nor the small JUC. The “small” versions feel like they are missing something… the spirit of Cartier. At the other extreme, the thick / chunky versions e.g. the giant JUCs are equally off to me.

Ecrou looks too much like a hardware bracelet - the nuts and bolts are very unappealing. Too masculine / random.

I like seeing the Clash in other people’s stacks (and it’s gotta be in a stack). But it looks wrong against my stack haha. And is it weird that the spikes can move back and forth almost like a creepy crawly?:shocked:

I bought the plain love to stack with my 4 diamond love for variety / because it’s the original design, so I felt like I had to have one, not because I really loved it. I look down at the 4 diamond and smile everyday, but I’m kind of “ehh” about the plain.

I really like the pave JUC and find it to be suitable for daily wear - including the gym and grocery store. I doubt many would agree so I think this would qualify as unpopular. :lol:
I would also agree with an above poster that the ten diamond negates the “point” of the Love design, but I still own a couple despite.
I don’t like Cartier watches - any of them. Not one.
I find their solitaires to be ridiculously over-priced.

Can't tell if this is unpopular opinion or popular opinion but IMO, the screw *mechanism* is the distinguished design feature of a Love bracelet, not the screw motifs. Loves are meant to stay on instead of being removed and that's achieved by the mechanism. So I think a 10 diamond regular Love is more true to the "love bracelet" concept than a plain small Love or Love cuff :hbeat:

Small love and love cuff are great options for people who like the "screw" aesthetic but don't want the actual Love mechanism :love:

My two wildly unpopular opinions:

1. The regular love bracelet looks the best on it’s own. It’s much more captivating, elegant, and the simplicity of it’s design really stands out when it’s not stacked. I’m not a fan of stacks containing multiple loves at all. Looks excessive/over-the-top and it takes away from the design, imo.

2. The thin juc with or without diamonds looks cheap. I can’t get over how thin and flimsy it looks - like a paperclip wrapped around the wrist. Even though it’s a fraction of the cost in comparison to the original, it still feels way overpriced for what you’re getting

1. I don't like the JUC in anything but pavé, which probably means I don't actually like the piece itself that much. Although I'd happily take a pavé one ;)

2. I am not fond of the Clash. It is too young and not classic enough for my tastes.

3. I remain deeply aggrieved that the Panthere watch has never been made in a men's size. Please, sign me up for a YG one ...

Recently purchased the love wedding band and there is something so lack lustre about it. I think the engraving of the screws are not a deep as they are on a normal love ring, so it somewhat loses the aesthetic. Having said this, the regular love ring is WAY TOO chunky idk how anyone wears that, let alone stacks it with other rings.

I also don’t like any bracelets that include string - think it looks odd to wear a ring as a bracelet on a piece on string.

Whilst I’ll probably never purchase a piece, I’m actually a fan of the ecrou collection.

Last edited: