Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

I don't find putting the bracelet on and off annoying, but my husband does (he has to help me)! It was however his idea that I take it off each time so that his precious gift to me won't get scratched!

Thanks ladies! I didn't realize there was a cuff version - I only knew of the screw one.

Hmmm - bextasy - your thought to put it on your left is a good one, except i've always put my watch on that wrist...

I think I'll have to reconsider for now. At this point $4,400 is quite a bit for a piece that I consider lovely/divine but that is essentially paying for the Cartier name...probably something to reconsider when I'm more established and married...and when DH can afford it. :graucho: although with all the price increases it'll probably be $10K or something when THAT happens! yeesh.

I have the wg one and it really is a lovely piece, it was a present from DH, it does have a few marks from wear, I have had it over a year and I wear it everyday and only took it off from my wedding, I forget it is there. Cartier are also able to clean it up when you need and want to. I say if you can go for it!!

took me weeks to get use to wearing it.... felt like i was a prisoner...lol.

but i got use to . been wearing it 6 months or so. and i love it.

.... it has super ficial scratches.... but you can hardly notice them.

I think I'll have to reconsider for now. At this point $4,400 is quite a bit for a piece that I consider lovely/divine but that is essentially paying for the Cartier name...probably something to reconsider when I'm more established and married...and when DH can afford it. :graucho: although with all the price increases it'll probably be $10K or something when THAT happens! yeesh.

I feel exactly the same way abut hermes bags, love them so much and i COULD afford it but im soon going to be taking on a mortgage so i have to prioritize... but when i am in the financial position to afford a birkin/kelly there will be so many price increases it will seem almost a rip off, i already find it difficult ot justfity the price in perspective.

I just read on an old thread that the WG bracelet (no diamonds) cost $4200 in July 2008. Now it is $4450 plus tax. That is a big increase over 6 months. At this rate, it'll be over $5000 until I get it!!!!

You have to wear it 24/7, you're not supposed to take it off. I think it ruins the screws or something. If you remove the bracelet repeatedly, that is.

Anyway, it took me a while to get used to them, but now I don't even know they are there. I even garden with them and they are a bit scratched, but I guess they are supposed to get like that if we are not supposed to remove them.