Cartier In Japan

vivaciousbev1

Oct 11, 2017
Anyone been to Japan lately? Will be there in a week and wondering if stock was good…or the prices even. Prices seem good on the website but last time at Narita airport the sizing was limited. I know VCA they were short! Any insight??

It really depends on what you are after. They did not have the piece I wanted - Love earrings without diamonds. This was true for many stores in Tokyo, but they did seem to have plenty stock in bracelets as I was able to find JUC and Love in my size. I did not end up anything anything from Cartier as I had many things on my wishlist from other brands.
Note, I did not enjoy the service at Cartier Ginza, perhaps as I was a walk in. The SA wasn't too cheerful or chatty and did not offer me to sit down. Funny enough, I did have an appointment at that store, but seeing the SA's attitude I just wasn't keen on purchasing anything so I did not bother pointing out. The store was not too busy. Hope that helps.

Reactions: vivaciousbev1
It really depends on what you are after. They did not have the piece I wanted - Love earrings without diamonds. This was true for many stores in Tokyo, but they did seem to have plenty stock in bracelets as I was able to find JUC and Love in my size. I did not end up anything anything from Cartier as I had many things on my wishlist from other brands.
Note, I did not enjoy the service at Cartier Ginza, perhaps as I was a walk in. The SA wasn't too cheerful or chatty and did not offer me to sit down. Funny enough, I did have an appointment at that store, but seeing the SA's attitude I just wasn't keen on purchasing anything so I did not bother pointing out. The store was not too busy. Hope that helps.
Thank you that definitely helps. I was kicking myself for not purchasing big ticket items in Japan (like my panthere pave ring), but I am looking for the panthere bracelet, or love pave ring. Perhaps even the juc pave necklace. But to be honest I’m happy with what I have so don’t want to purchase to purchase and wanted to see everyone else’s experience.

You will find the pave ring I am certain of it. Try to book an appointment online, its the best way to secure pieces that you want. IMO "Big ticket" items are easier to find at Cartier, Japan. I guess, the earrings that I was looking for were sort of at entry level price point hence sold out from most boutiques.
Btw, I tried to do the same thing when I was in Japan. I got the more expensive pieces first and was soon out of my allocated luxury shopping budget, so missed out on bits like the Love earrings that I have been wanting.
Good luck!

You will find the pave ring I am certain of it. Try to book an appointment online, its the best way to secure pieces that you want. IMO "Big ticket" items are easier to find at Cartier, Japan. I guess, the earrings that I was looking for were sort of at entry level price point hence sold out from most boutiques.
Btw, I tried to do the same thing when I was in Japan. I got the more expensive pieces first and was soon out of my allocated luxury shopping budget, so missed out on bits like the Love earrings that I have been wanting.
Good luck!
Do you mind sharing what you got? I’m just kicking myself as I would have saved 1.5-2k! But will definitely keep an eye out as I am picky on my pieces (received several before that were scratched so I had to exchange) - which is why I sometimes rather just shop at my home country (US)

Oh dear! Same boat! I am still kicking myself for not getting ALL the things that I wanted and for all other times I wasted my money buying random things. Japan is such a dream place to shop - I had no idea. I hope you can get all the jewels your heart desires during your upcoming trip. :yahoo:
Yes of course. I purchased Mikimoto and VCA.

I visited the Ginza store a few weeks ago to buy some pieces. The stock was good, and if they're out-of-stock on something, they're usually able to order the item to be delivered within 24 hours. I texted my SA to order a bracelet in the morning, and it was delivered 4 hours later that same day.

Due to the weakness of the yen + tax refund, you'll save several thousand dollars buying in Japan right now. The SA told me the 2 cheapest locations to purchase Cartier are currently Japan and Dubai.

Oh dear! Same boat! I am still kicking myself for not getting ALL the things that I wanted and for all other times I wasted my money buying random things. Japan is such a dream place to shop - I had no idea. I hope you can get all the jewels your heart desires during your upcoming trip. :yahoo:
Yes of course. I purchased Mikimoto and VCA.
How was the VCA stock?
I visited the Ginza store a few weeks ago to buy some pieces. The stock was good, and if they're out-of-stock on something, they're usually able to order the item to be delivered within 24 hours. I texted my SA to order a bracelet in the morning, and it was delivered 4 hours later that same day.

Due to the weakness of the yen + tax refund, you'll save several thousand dollars buying in Japan right now. The SA told me the 2 cheapest locations to purchase Cartier are currently Japan and Dubai.
Omg I’m so tempted! What did you end up getting?

Due to the weakening of yen and ringgit, my aunt sometimes get her jewel pieces from there (especially at Malaysia since it’s quite a routine she heads there. She has built her profile there, mainly at Cartier and VCA). The savings is considered significant.

I am stocking up my yen slowly because I’ll be there at Japan too. Update your findings!

Due to the weakening of yen and ringgit, my aunt sometimes get her jewel pieces from there (especially at Malaysia since it’s quite a routine she heads there. She has built her profile there, mainly at Cartier and VCA). The savings is considered significant.

I am stocking up my yen slowly because I’ll be there at Japan too. Update your findings!
Did she mention savings in Bvlgari? I’m eying the serpenti ring or bracelet. My concern is the bracelet looks like my diamond juc and it’s soo similar LOL

@vivaciousbev1 - Every VCA location I went to in Tokyo was really out of stock. You also had to book appointments in advance. For Cartier, I looked at and purchased Clash pieces. I compared to US/EU prices and it was cheaper by $1-$1.5K and $5K for each piece. I still have a bunch of price quotes (with tax refund incl) for Clash pieces that the SA wrote down for me if you want. At this point, I would make a special trip to Japan if you wanna purchase expensive prices, bc the cost savings will offset your plane ticket, haha.

@sleepydoc. - I didn't get hit with any duty and taxes upon entry back. No one in my travel party got hit with them.

Last edited:
@vivaciousbev1 - Every VCA location I went to in Tokyo was really out of stock. You also had to book appointments in advance. For Cartier, I looked at and purchased Clash pieces. I compared to US/EU prices and it was cheaper by $1-$1.5K and $5K for each piece. I still have a bunch of price quotes (with tax refund incl) for Clash pieces that the SA wrote down for me if you want. At this point, I would make a special trip to Japan if you wanna purchase expensive prices, bc the cost savings will offset your plane ticket, haha.

@sleepydoc. - I didn't get hit with any duty and taxes upon entry back. No one in my travel party got hit with them.
Thank you for sharing! I am actually eyeing a clash diamond necklace as well. I have the ring and bracelet already! What clash pieces did she quote you on? Also debating panthere bracelet (the list is never ending I know). But you are right. The pieces I want from 10-20k…would offset my plane ticket!

Side note - what piece did you buy that was 5k? That’s pretty good

Did she mention savings in Bvlgari? I’m eying the serpenti ring or bracelet. My concern is the bracelet looks like my diamond juc and it’s soo similar LOL
I recall I read somewhere Bvlgari is still cheaper in Japan, vs in US, however it’s not as big difference compared to VCA and maybe to Cartier too (?).

What are you eyeing on at Cartier?