Cartier Earrings Thread

This wasn't on my radar but yesterday I stumbled upon the JUC small hoop earrings... I couldn't wear them myself and had my DH put it on for me ...I couldn't take them off either 😂 does anyone else struggle with these or just me? I wish they were front in vs back in .. foe those who own these earrings does it get easier with practice? I thought they were a super unique look but am worried about getting them on and off

Do you mean these? My SA helped me try them on, so I didn’t put them in by myself. But I do recall that the post was thick! Like it made my ear hurt a bit right off the bat. They’re gorgeous though!

Attachments

• IMG_9777.jpeg
    IMG_9777.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: USCGirlie
Do you mean these? My SA helped me try them on, so I didn’t put them in by myself. But I do recall that the post was thick! Like it made my ear hurt a bit right off the bat. They’re gorgeous though!
Yea those ones! (Without the bling) 😂

They're so cute but the mechanism was a bit tough first try ... I couldn't do it myself at least

This wasn't on my radar but yesterday I stumbled upon the JUC small hoop earrings... I couldn't wear them myself and had my DH put it on for me ...I couldn't take them off either 😂 does anyone else struggle with these or just me? I wish they were front in vs back in .. foe those who own these earrings does it get easier with practice? I thought they were a super unique look but am worried about getting them on and off
Are you talking about the ones that are singles and a continuous hoop? Or the small ones with the posts? They have 3 sizes I believe. I have the small with the posts and backings and don't have any issues although you have to be very careful not to loose one of the backings when pushing in the sides. They are slippery little things!

The regular small ones (with the push backs) I didn't have an issue with when I tried them on. I didn't get them because I have a lot of smaller gold earrings and I really like the larger hoops.

The single earring (huggie) I actually purchased for my 2nd lobe hole, but the earring itself must have been defective because I had to apply SO much force to get it on, I later couldn't get it off! Had to go back to Cartier where I purchased it and after 2 SAs tried to get it off I had to get a strong tweezer with the ends wrapped in tape and apply a ton of force to get the part to pop out (continuous hoop). Ended up exchanging it for one that worked seamlessly (so buyer beware - they are hard to get on/off in general because there is no room for your finger to slip in and lift the end!)

• Insightful
Reactions: USCGirlie
Are you talking about the ones that are singles and a continuous hoop? Or the small ones with the posts? They have 3 sizes I believe. I have the small with the posts and backings and don't have any issues although you have to be very careful not to loose one of the backings when pushing in the sides. They are slippery little things!
I was trying the small continuous hoop ones! I think the size up has the butterfly backing with I'm not a huge fan of but got used to....my issue with that one is on the side you can see the gap and it looks unfinished to me...if only they made it continuous like the small

The regular small ones (with the push backs) I didn't have an issue with when I tried them on. I didn't get them because I have a lot of smaller gold earrings and I really like the larger hoops.

The single earring (huggie) I actually purchased for my 2nd lobe hole, but the earring itself must have been defective because I had to apply SO much force to get it on, I later couldn't get it off! Had to go back to Cartier where I purchased it and after 2 SAs tried to get it off I had to get a strong tweezer with the ends wrapped in tape and apply a ton of force to get the part to pop out (continuous hoop). Ended up exchanging it for one that worked seamlessly (so buyer beware - they are hard to get on/off in general because there is no room for your finger to slip in and lift the end!)
Omggg that sounds like a nightmare! I have sensitive ears so that would be horrible! Eek... I ordered the continuous hoop one but I'm having 2nd thoughts cause of the mechanism... I might have to try the size up version and see if it's easier

I was trying the small continuous hoop ones! I think the size up has the butterfly backing with I'm not a huge fan of but got used to....my issue with that one is on the side you can see the gap and it looks unfinished to me...if only they made it continuous like the small
I agree about the gap but I think without the posts and backings, the nail head would fall forward. I get more compliments on those earrings than any of my other jewelry. I've had had multiple people ask how they work and want to see the back of my ear so I don't think the gap is that evident when they are on.

Reactions: Kuro-Kuma
I have the small JUC hoop earrings and I experienced the same and struggled putting them on and off......my SA wasn't helpful and she said it would get easier with practice. I find the backing is tiny and hard to hold. I used a thin cloth to hold it and pinched the sides to get the earring back on. For some reason, using my bare fingers was really uncomfortable.

I have the small JUC hoop earrings and I experienced the same and struggled putting them on and off......my SA wasn't helpful and she said it would get easier with practice. I find the backing is tiny and hard to hold. I used a thin cloth to hold it and pinched the sides to get the earring back on. For some reason, using my bare fingers was really uncomfortable.
Oh, I know what you mean. They can hurt. I use my nails! My love hoops have the same backings and somehow those are much harder to use.

Wow now I'm really having my doubts... Eek... 😬 I struggle with butterfly backing normally and this is even more confusing...I originally wanted them thinking it'll be an easy click on but didn't know it was backwards which I can't see or feel the hole 😂