carrying LV=attention seeker??

i think, to some extent, there's a part of all of us LV lovers that likes getting attention. not that that's why we buy our bags, but, of course, it comes with the territory.

i guess getting some attention from other people does contribute to me loving my LVs more hehehe (sheepish grins) but i don't think thats the main reason why i buy LV bags in the first place.. i love them :smile:.. i love carrying them.. i know it sounds kinda lame but it makes feel special :smile: hahaha

Then you want to add to your wanted list a mirror LV.... LOL:yahoo::yahoo:

Hahaha the mirror is too flashy for me, though i do think it looks cute. i don't think ill be able to find any occasion to find such a bag..but don't really mind getting another suhali.. i think the suhali line is seriously underrated

Truth is, I think a lot of people carry LV b/c they want the attention. Otherwise they wouldn't get so irritated when people think their bags are fake, a situation which is discussed AD NOSEUM in this forum. Sure, LV is great quality - but when you have more than 5 and circulate their usage regularly - does the superior quality really matter that much? You're never gonna wear those suckers out.

We all love the attention and the petty jealousy that comes along with having really nice things. I do. I love the fact that one "person" I know is all bent out of shape that I carry LV and she can't afford it. I don't throw it in her face, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bring me some sick satisfaction. Expecially after years of her condescending attitude toward me and my husband. Does that make me shallow? Yes. But I also know that there are infinitely more important things in life - and I don't lose any sleep over it.

my mom actually surprised me with my first lv, a mono speedy for christmas and at first i was worried people would think i was trying to show off. but then i thought, if some random stranger on the street thinks that i am showing off, is that going to affect my life at all? no. i make judgements all the time about people but i just keep it to myself and move on. most people are too into themselves to think about something like that for more than maybe a second. and the people who i would care about their opinions, my friends and family, know me well enough that they know she may like designer things, but she's not a snob, blah blah blah, and they shouldn't care.
some people probably do carry lv for attention. i carry lv because i think it's beautiful. but in the end, who cares why you carry it?

This is off topic, but I was just wondering the other day what bags Queen Elizabeth II carries? The idea of her carrying a Miroir Alma like Paris Hilton made me giggle. I looked it up, and it seems most of her handbags are black, and made by a company called "Launer" which holds the Royal Warrant to produce her handbags. They do some very classy, understated bags.

Wallets, Purses and Handbags

ooh that is interesting! thanks for posting. the handbags/wallets are really nice and understated, like you said...i DO need a new wallet ;) anyway, its interesting to know what she carries! i remember watching "The Queen" and seeing her carry the same bag throughout the movie. i wonder if it was a Launer?

on topic: like the OP said, carrying a designer bag draws some attention - it comes with the territory. but for someone to make a statement like that out loud? seriously, why are women so mean to each other, especially on the topic of handbags??

Truth is, I think a lot of people carry LV b/c they want the attention. Otherwise they wouldn't get so irritated when people think their bags are fake, a situation which is discussed AD NOSEUM in this forum. Sure, LV is great quality - but when you have more than 5 and circulate their usage regularly - does the superior quality really matter that much? You're never gonna wear those suckers out.

We all love the attention and the petty jealousy that comes along with having really nice things. I do. I love the fact that one "person" I know is all bent out of shape that I carry LV and she can't afford it. I don't throw it in her face, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bring me some sick satisfaction. Expecially after years of her condescending attitude toward me and my husband. Does that make me shallow? Yes. But I also know that there are infinitely more important things in life - and I don't lose any sleep over it.

guess as i said in my first post, im not gonna deny i love the perks that come with LV bags :smile:.. but for me, my love with LV began as i climbed up the ladder in my carrer, i started getting important clients and couldn't afford to carry unknown bags anymore (not that there is anything wrong with carrying unknown bags, but as some of u know, in some industry,apperances matter a lot and clients do pick up on all these small details).. my fellow colleague suggested that i take a look at some of the LV bags and i have sold out my soul to the devil the day i carried that first Lv bag :smile: