Carrie Underwood

I'm not a big enough fan to know what she used to look like, but I do think she's beautiful and has a great voice. I also know you can't get by in Hollywood on just a great voice. All the successful singers are gorgeous or incredibly cute, by some means or another.

This is from her audition, which I never watched. She was always cute, wasn't she. Screenshot-2018-01-03-11.35.jpg

I'm not a big enough fan to know what she used to look like, but I do think she's beautiful and has a great voice. I also know you can't get by in Hollywood on just a great voice. All the successful singers are gorgeous or incredibly cute, by some means or another.

This is from her audition, which I never watched. She was always cute, wasn't she. View attachment 3923367
She obviously does have talent (though I'm not really a fan of her music). But I think her face and figure played more of a role in her success than someone like Kelly Clarkson, who has talent and personality but is closer to average in the looks dept.
They both seem like nice people so good for them.

Depending on how she fell, she could have serious facial injuries. It happened to me. I tripped and fell when I was running. Since I fell forward I broke my right wrist and needed surgery on that. I also literally fell on my face. I had two black eyes, a fractured nose, and my front teeth went into the inside of my lower lip when I hit the ground. One of my teeth broke in half and got stuck on the inside of my lower lip. Total nightmare.

Not only did I need wrist surgery, but I looked like I had been in a car accident or someone had beaten me up badly. I had to have my broken tooth bonded with a cosmetic dentist and I had a plastic surgeon remove the pieces of tooth from my mouth after I healed up. So ... a simple fall can be very serious. My plastic surgeon said I was lucky that I wasn't permanently disfigured from landing on my face.

Your fall sounds like one I had--fell down 5 steps to garage floor on my face. I broke a tooth and half my face was black and blue, but no broken bones.

I read somewhere at the time Carrie fell, that it was more serious than it sounded. 40-50 stitches is a lot. I hope it heals well for her.

Idk, I believe it. Maybe I am gullible though???! I thought when it was put out there that she had fallen and broken her wrist, I did find it strange that would keep her out of the public eye for so long.
To put it in perspective, I started having seizures last month. One in particular I blacked out and woke up on the kitchen floor with blood coming from my nose, mouth, below my bottom lip, and my chin. I believe when I went down my chin hit our granite counter tops and then I went down to our porcelain floor. My top teeth went through the area below my bottom lip and my chin was split open. I had stitches in both of those area's. The area my teeth went through was very jagged. It didn't take as many stitches as my chin and yet as it is healing- it looks gross. Time will tell if I need a plastic surgeon to do something to repair how bumpy it is. I had more stitches on my chin, but its healing much more nicely. Neither of those 2 places had anywhere near 40 plus stitches!!!! So depending on the type of cut, that could make a huge difference of how it heals. 40 stitches in the face when I look at what my face looks like now, that sound's like a lot!!! Did it go through her lips or her eye.
I just feel she needs support and acceptance. Has she had work done, heck ya!!!! That doesn't change the fact that if she has a disfiguring injury that she isn't greatly affected by that.
I told my doctor when he removed my stitches that I wasn't that vain and that I would be fine. Well as I keep rubbing and massaging Aquaphor on the scars, I know if the one where my teeth went through doesn't look better, I will want that fixed. So I am more vain than I thought.
I think it's a very personal matter. I think if you haven't been in that person's shoes it's hard to know how you would feel or what you would do. I hope she is recovering nicely and that whatever she decides to do if anything, she feels pretty and supported and loved!

Depending on how she fell, she could have serious facial injuries. It happened to me. I tripped and fell when I was running. Since I fell forward I broke my right wrist and needed surgery on that. I also literally fell on my face. I had two black eyes, a fractured nose, and my front teeth went into the inside of my lower lip when I hit the ground. One of my teeth broke in half and got stuck on the inside of my lower lip. Total nightmare.

Not only did I need wrist surgery, but I looked like I had been in a car accident or someone had beaten me up badly. I had to have my broken tooth bonded with a cosmetic dentist and I had a plastic surgeon remove the pieces of tooth from my mouth after I healed up. So ... a simple fall can be very serious. My plastic surgeon said I was lucky that I wasn't permanently disfigured from landing on my face.

Ladies! I'm so sorry you went through this.

My DH loves him some old school / old body Carrie.

Reactions: uhpharm01

This is from her audition, which I never watched. She was always cute, wasn't she. View attachment 3923367

Except for Celine and Adele. :angel:

She doesn't look any different to me. Wonder where the stitches are on her face.

Do they possibly do stitches inside the mouth or nose? Or along hair line? She looks very sheepish in the photo. I googled “Carrie Underwood with fans photos” and the resulting pictures all showed her way more engaged with people, leaning in and smiling very big and showing lots of teeth. She might look “fine” in this photo but she looks off. And I wonder if she felt pressured by this reality star “fan” to take a pic in the gym, after a workout, while she is recovering. :rolleyes: Maybe she knocked out all her teeth and her smile looks different now.

Last edited:
As much as one can tell in a photo, something doesn't look right on the left side of her face by her nose. I have had to wait for a month, I will finally be going in to see what can be done with my mouth Monday. I had a front tooth chipped, about a third of that tooth gone. The other front tooth is loose. Do to the fact it has a crown they can't be 100% sure it is fractured so they wanted to give me a month to see if it were just bruised and would tighten on it's own. I have pain in the right side of my jaw and ear. Pain when I chew. Have had soft foods until I am blue in the face. My bite is off and my bottom front teeth now knock into the back of my top front teeth. This is all with out my jaw being broken or dislocated.
I also had surgery on my nose in May. I had a lot of bruising on my chin, but some bruising on the side of the nose. Since the surgery in May included my deviated septum, I am having that checked Wednesday .
My point in all of this, is that every one was telling me wait a month, look and see where things are after the swelling is down. My nose was Huge after the fall. It's gone way down. All of the bruising is gone. I have scars. My chipped tooth was fixed- that's it until Monday.
So again I am thinking 40 plus stitches, maybe she needed time for her swelling to go down, she's got a much bigger injury than I do. Access to better plastic surgeons I am sure :smile: I just hope she gets to a place where she feel good about how she looks and that she is healthy.
I was in the hospital for 4 days. CT, MRI, echocardiogram and more. In the moment I never thought of the possibility of a bleed on my brain, a stroke, or a heart problem.I was so dazed and confused by the seizure. I feel lucky and grateful. I am sure Carrie is too. She is a beautiful and successful woman. I have faith they will help her do whatever needs to be done to the best of their abilities for her face. At the end of the day, avoiding a serious medical issue is the biggest blessing!!!! Carrie seems like a woman who would know that and appreciate it.