Caring for different calfskin items.

Hi girls! I recently bought a Chanel wallet that is quilted with a real subtle Double C - problem is the look is Matt, and leather soft to the touch, and care tag says the Leather is carefully chosen but delicate, and prolonged exposure to lighter colors may cause color transfer?

I'm wondering what type of leather is this and how to care for it? Love d wallet for the soft feel but v worried about caring for it!

Any advice would be much appreciated! :heart:

I ve got lambskin quilted wallet and I do absolutely nothing. it gets thrown about in my bag with everything else... CHANEL products are beautiful and pretty robust too:graucho: you really do not need to waste time worrying about it. The beauty of good design is that is functional.

Attachments

• vintagechanelwithmirror.jpg
    vintagechanelwithmirror.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 3,980
  • bag.JPG
    bag.JPG
    4.7 KB · Views: 4,010
  • bag2.JPG
    bag2.JPG
    3.4 KB · Views: 3,997
Thanks so far babes! I have been using a small translucent pouch to keep it in but I'm wondering if I should exchange this for caviar?

I agree that lambskin hardly needs care but I've had bad experience with Miumiu calfskin and deerskin and this is my 2nd Chanel item aft caviar Gst.. I wanted caviar ..

I'd post a pic once I get my new glasses, else I'm jua stick on iPhone, lol!

photoho.jpg

no BIG reveal thread but just included a pic of my newly bought Chanel this October, i have no idea what is the model # of this, or range, if some one can help enlighten me ? i do love the design alot, but the material is kinda 'waxy smooth soft calfskin' and i'm really scared of getting stains on it :sad:

i have the lamb classic flap wallet which is just starting to show a bit of wear after
being used for over 2 yrs...would be too much work for me to put it in/out of pouch ~ mine gets heavy duty daily use & has been pretty durable...

Hello Ladies!

I've been searching the forum for help identifying differences between the different calf leather treatment for Reissues.

So far, I see there are patent, aged, distressed, and matte. Are there any others? (I know about metallics, but they're too fancy for me & my lifestyle)

Also, how (or do?) these different treatments change the durability, feel, and thick/thinness of the skin? I read, although it was about a different Chanel style bag, that the matte finish on calfskin resulted in a thinner, flatter leather.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed. :smile:

can i put leather lotion on my calfskin leather bag to protect ?

I use cadillac boot & shoe care. Chanel SA recommend this for lamb and it works really great in removing surface scratches. It can be used on any leather (except suede and nubuck) as protectant. I am sure you can use your leather lotion to protect the leather.

I use cadillac boot & shoe care. Chanel SA recommend this for lamb and it works really great in removing surface scratches. It can be used on any leather (except suede and nubuck) as protectant. I am sure you can use your leather lotion to protect the leather.

May I know does it take out any of the colour from the leather? Meltonian Multi-purpose cream doesn't work for lamb.