Care of Prada leather

http://s520.photobucket.com/albums/w326/malachick/

Prada Psycho and all - thanks for offers of help - I am not so hot at this so I hope you can see the bag is attached. Thanks all for your help. Sarah

I can't make out the leather. Looks like calfskin or goatskin. Are these cell phone pics? Can you get some cleaner pics?

There are two products that are safe for all leathers. Leather CPR is good for mild cases of dryness. When I was restoring a 26 year old Hermes bag that looked felt like it had been slow baked in the oven, I started with that but moved on to Blackrock Leather N Rich. You can find both on eBay. The one thing I don't like about Blackrock is the scent. It's not bad, I just didn't care for it. It can be sticky if you don't follow the directions too.

You might want to read over our own DocRide's leather care thread in the Hermes forum. She's the leather restoration QUEEN and helped me out in my restoration project.

Here's the link to that thread:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-r...-bag-nightmares-leather-care-info-295160.html

You can also PM her any time. Doc's great to get back with help. :tup:

Thanks you so much for your help.

Yes it is indeed phone pics - unfortunately I don't have a digital camera.

I will check forum and also check out the two products you mentioned.

Thanks again,

malachick

PP, what would you reccommend for the Washed Buffalo Leather? I'm *this* close to getting one in the darker Cocco color... :biggrin: Thanks!

I have several Prada washed leather bags, an in my experience they hold up really well. I have been caught in downpours and they have dried up as good as new. The more you use them the better they get. So I would just leave it be and enjoy it!

Reactions: sdkitty
I have several Prada washed leather bags, an in my experience they hold up really well. I have been caught in downpours and they have dried up as good as new. The more you use them the better they get. So I would just leave it be and enjoy it!
I know this is an old thread but just want to say I also got caught in a downpour with my new-to-me washed buffalo bag and it survived quite well. here in so cal we don't get heavy rain often so I wasn't worried and the rain came pounding down.

Last edited:
Reactions: averagejoe