Travel Canada?

Hmm depends if you like cold. Where I live now is just a wee bit warmer than BC maybe by 1-3'C. I grew up in Singapore but absolutely love the cold so this is perfect for me. It's not that cold in BC really, I mean compared to Scotland, Norway, Sweden and even interior Canada. The peak summers can be quite scorching though, probably hotter than what you're used to in M'sia.

I have never been, but the best friend migrated there 10 years ago, and have been bugging me to visit her already. I'm hoping to do that next year hopefully! :heart:

Although, I have never heard of Canadians living in igloos or getting around by sleds. :shrugs:

Hmm depends if you like cold. Where I live now is just a wee bit warmer than BC maybe by 1-3'C. I grew up in Singapore but absolutely love the cold so this is perfect for me. It's not that cold in BC really, I mean compared to Scotland, Norway, Sweden and even interior Canada. The peak summers can be quite scorching though, probably hotter than what you're used to in M'sia.

Im so bad with cold.. I used to visit chicago often but gosh.. my face gets freezing.. according to my bf vancouvers warm (hes from shanghai) so I dont trust what ever hes saying about winter...
I guess Im gonna have to buy robbery mask so I my face wont be cold haha..
But I guess its good to live in place where theres a winter so I can dress up in winter cloth (california we wear flip flops all year long).. finally my uggs can be useful

I've never been to Canada, but I want to go really bad!! Just see somewhere else and what it's like across the friendly border :smile:

As far as stereotypes go...I haven't really heard any besides the Eh? and aboot. BF is French Canadian and he says his "people" love maple syrup and bacon, then again, so do alot of people, so who knows!

I love Canada!!. I live in California now but I lived in Vancouver for 10 yrs and Calgary for 2 yrs. I absolutely love Vancouver!!. Vancouver will always have a special place in my heart...:heart:

I've never been to Canada, but I want to go really bad!! Just see somewhere else and what it's like across the friendly border :smile:

As far as stereotypes go...I haven't really heard any besides the Eh? and aboot. BF is French Canadian and he says his "people" love maple syrup and bacon, then again, so do alot of people, so who knows!

Don't forget the poutine :roflmfao:!

^I am from Toronto but went to horseback riding camp/competition when I was young in rural Quebec. I love them but I STILL can't understand a word of the French dialect they speak in La Belle Provence!

I have been twice to Canada, and loved it so much I was considering moving there, but didn´t because of the cold winters and the medical system.
I went in september, and visited Québec : Montreal, Quebec City, St Paul 3 rivières, Mont tremblant... where people speak a funny French, but they are so cool and friendly !! French and Canadians like to make fun of each other, but in a loving way.

I also visited Toronto , insisted in staying in a victorian style house....Bloor Street hello shopping !! and loved Queen Street west too ! The lake is fantastic, it´s so beautiful....

The landscapes in Canada are breathtaking.....honestly. waow. I loved these trips so much.

i live in canada too! its not really a stereotype, but when we were visiting the US, we were talking to some US citizens and they had never even heard of "Canada Day", i thought it was kind of funny, and a little bit ignorant too, not to offend anyone or anything. but i know about the fourth of july

I am Canadian!

I am very disappointed that our neighbors to the south are not as educated as we are about their country. The first time I was in Seattle and asked for a tax redemption, the sales associated thought Canada was in Mexico. So I said "si" got my tax redemption!

Being the only Canadian cousin in my family, I always get heckled for saying "eh". Well, Canadians may say "eh", but Americans say "huh". And no, Canada does not snow 24/7, we do have electricity, and we drive on the right side of the road too.

I've been to Canada. Ottawa and Toronto. I love Toronto, I'd move tomorrow if I was offered a job. I teach, so I wonder how my teaching certificate would transfer.

Never heard any negative or positive stereotypes about Canadians. I've found the majority of people from the GTA really open minded and laid back.

My brother also gives great reviews to Montreal. Never been, but its on the short list!