Canada Day Reveal! Thoughts please.

LVlover01

Feb 10, 2014
Hello and Happy Canada's day for any fellow Canadians on here.

Today I have a reveal but also need some opinions from everyone.

So here's the story.

I decided I wanted the Delightful GM, not that I'm a big bag type of gal but because the zippers were so darn cute and the flat handle looked so comfortable; I had been on the lookout for a pre-loved bag and finally found one. It looked to be in good condition besides a stain and tiny watermark on the handle. Well me thinking I could either fix it or live with it I decided to meet up with the seller to look at it. Today I met up with the seller and looked it over before purchasing it and I was happy it looked good; beside the stain, and because I got it for a great price. Once I got home I did an even more thorough inspection and found that the canvas was cracked where the handle was stitched to the bag. I did some research and read a couple posts on here and found out this was a defect. It was not presented in the ad and I didn't see it when I first inspected it. Their small right now but here's the question, will the crack worsen over time? Should I return it? I'm so upset, I'm in love with this bag the handle is so soft and it molds to the body so nicely but I know LV won't touch cracked canvas and I don't know if the crack will get worse. Anyone with this experience? What do you guys think I should do?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you to everyone who read over this lengthy post. Here's some pics, the cracks were hard to get but all we're pretty much the same size.ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404258221.411809.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1404258329.327445.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1404258343.931556.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1404258359.437154.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1404258387.442736.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1404258430.243209.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1404258445.907076.jpg

In my opinion, I would return the bag...the crack in the canvas cannot be repaired and I'm not sure if it would get worse if you put items in the bag since the crack is right where the handle and canvas meet. I'm not sure if having items in the bag would put more pressure or pull on the handle and make it crack more, if that makes sense....I've seen a few listed on various sites so maybe you can find one in better condition?

I agree here you really should return. I do see it getting worse. And I am sorry but that stain on the handle is not attractive at all - the over all bag is really not in good shape in my opinion. I also agree there are other sites you can look for a better bag in decent condition. This was an issue with the GM bag and is why it has been discontinued. I am really sorry because I know it's wonderful to get an LV but No Dear return it.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Last edited:
I actually just bought a preloved delightful gm and when I received it noticed the same problem with the stitching and the canvas. I returned the bag. I feel like it would have gotten worse and even though I got a deal on the bag it was still not worth accepting it in that condition.

Okay its done I emailed her I'm just waiting for a response. Does anyone know if the MM size does this too? I love the style bag but I rather not have it fall apart on me.