Canada Day Reveal! Thoughts please.

Hey guys I got a response and it's not a good one, she's saying that I had looked it over with her and didn't see it and it wasn't there when she sold it to me! I showed her pics and explained that it was literally a few hours from when I had bought it and looked it over again to see it and emailed her right away. She's saying she is uncomfortable giving me a refund because again she's blaming me! I explained that I previously asked her if their were any rips,stains or scratches etc on the bag she had said "no, only what you see in the pics in the ad" in the ad their was only a pic of the stain. I explained the bag was not as depicted in the ad and would like a refund. I do have a copy of our entire emails and a copy of the ad. I'm so appalled that she's trying to blame me for this and I have a feeling she knew it was there but decided not to mention it for the sake of selling it. I don't know how this will work out or what my next step would be.

Hey guys I got a response and it's not a good one, she's saying that I had looked it over with her and didn't see it and it wasn't there when she sold it to me! I showed her pics and explained that it was literally a few hours from when I had bought it and looked it over again to see it and emailed her right away. She's saying she is uncomfortable giving me a refund because again she's blaming me! I explained that I previously asked her if their were any rips,stains or scratches etc on the bag she had said "no, only what you see in the pics in the ad" in the ad their was only a pic of the stain. I explained the bag was not as depicted in the ad and would like a refund. I do have a copy of our entire emails and a copy of the ad. I'm so appalled that she's trying to blame me for this and I have a feeling she knew it was there but decided not to mention it for the sake of selling it. I don't know how this will work out or what my next step would be.
Did you buy it privately, though Kijiji or similar? I have seen lots of LV listed there, but that's my biggest fear - not having the protection of ebay or Paypal should something go wrong ( I am more concerned about getting a fake!). As someone else posted here - it may not get any worse and if you got it for a good price, it would use it as my everyday bag as it's probably not noticible when using it. Good luck:smile:

caveat emptor - sadly she has every right to refuse a refund. Because you inspected the bag before buying it negates this issue. Secondly she may actually not be aware of the damage your referring too. I couldn't tell in your pics about the cracked canvas only saw a few loose threads.

I hope it works out, if you have to keep it just remember you said it was a good price, so enjoy it. :smile:

Did you buy it privately, though Kijiji or similar? I have seen lots of LV listed there, but that's my biggest fear - not having the protection of ebay or Paypal should something go wrong ( I am more concerned about getting a fake!). As someone else posted here - it may not get any worse and if you got it for a good price, it would use it as my everyday bag as it's probably not noticible when using it. Good luck:smile:

I did buy it privately through Kijiji and I'm very careful with my purchases that's why I ask a ton of questions and for a ton of pictures which she did present when asked but these cracks were left out. I guess if I can't return it then I would have to keep it :/ technically you can't see them if your wearing the bag and even if you look up close they are tiny and I usually don't carry a lot in my bags so I don't know if weight has anything to do with the cracks ripping further. :shrug:

Anyways I'll see how this goes first I don't feel comfortable buying it with cracks, a stain I can clean or replace the handle actually not even sure of that part but I'm sure I could clean it but a crack theirs no easy solution. Thanks for your positive look on the bright side I needed it, I've been stressing about this, I don't like confrontation :sad:

I did buy it privately through Kijiji and I'm very careful with my purchases that's why I ask a ton of questions and for a ton of pictures which she did present when asked but these cracks were left out. I guess if I can't return it then I would have to keep it :/ technically you can't see them if your wearing the bag and even if you look up close they are tiny and I usually don't carry a lot in my bags so I don't know if weight has anything to do with the cracks ripping further. :shrug:

Anyways I'll see how this goes first I don't feel comfortable buying it with cracks, a stain I can clean or replace the handle actually not even sure of that part but I'm sure I could clean it but a crack theirs no easy solution. Thanks for your positive look on the bright side I needed it, I've been stressing about this, I don't like confrontation :sad:
Maybe clean it up and take it to LV. You never know, they may deem it a fault with the bag and let you replace with something else.

i agree here you really should return. I do see it getting worse. And i am sorry but that stain on the handle is not attractive at all - the over all bag is really not in good shape in my opinion. I also agree there are other sites you can look for a better bag in decent condition. This was an issue with the gm bag and is why it has been discontinued. I am really sorry because i know it's wonderful to get an lv but no dear return it.

+1

Ok well it appears I am stuck with it, she refuses any refund and she pretty much is blaming me for doing it.... lets see if LV can help me, ill bring it in this weekend and see if they can do anything. Im not holding my breath for anything. I have bought pre-loved before and never had any problems this is very disappointing and its insulting that she would even try to blame me when i had only had it for not even 5 hours... but if thats the person she is then thats pretty sad. I will not hold any grudges all things happen for a reason and i guess i can learn from this to thoroughly examine my bags before purchasing if i decide to purchase pre-loved again. Thanks everyone for your input and support. I can't lie i feel really disappointed :sad: