Can you tell the birthdate of your LV by the..

Sassy said:
the tab on my epi speedy says "Louis Vuitton, Made in France" but my date code starts with SP... so doesn't that mean it was made in the US? Do all tabs just say made in france, as in LV itself is made in France?

Nope, SP is France, SD is USA. The end tab will state where the bag is made as in made in U.S.A. or made in Spain. A lot of older vernis items have date codes starting with CA and are made in Spain. ;)

ambrosia said:
I've never managed to find my date codes:sad2: . I've looked all over my Audra and my Shirley, but haven't found anything. I heard that sometimes they're actually in the seams so you can't find them. Is this true?

For the shirley, it is right at the top, you have to look underneath the zipper and it's stamped in the alcantra. I'm not sure if it's on the front side or back side. I hope that makes sense.

BA is made in France. :smile:

Most of the date codes are made in France. I only know of 3 for the USA (FH, SD, and OS) and 4 for Spain (CA, LO, LB, and LM) and 1 for Italy (CE).

I (Thought) I Learned A Lot Of This In The Late 90's (Like Most, I Look When I Get A New Piece)....But After Reading This Fabulous Thread...I Went Back & Searched Every Piece I Own & YES! I Was Reading Them Wrong (Just A Little Off). Thank You For All This Great Information.