can you tell me how to spot a fake damier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a fake speedy the other day at the supermarket and it looked so bad :sick: !!:

handles-> shiny plastic
size -> it looked smaller than a 25
pattern -> no LV in any of the squares
colour -> as it was said, appeared lighter...

Couldn't get close enough to continue my "inspection", though :amuse:

I always look for that lack of stitching on the Papillon 30, too.

With the rest of Damier pieces, I basically check to make sure everything is lined up properly. If it's on ebay, ask for more pics if you need them -- an honest seller will usually send them. Then, compare the bag to ones being sold by mypoupette sellers. Make sure the blocks that say Louis Vuitton are in the correct spaces...

I go through this a few times a week with auctions on ebay but have yet to win one! :biggrin:

The real ones are not always 'perfectly' lined up either. When I bought my Pap 30 (returned it 4 hours later for the Pop Haut), I looked at a few of them and the sides on most were ever so slightly off! Not misaligned where it was immediately obvious but only if you were looking really, really closely, BUT if I had seen them on ebay, I would've thought super good fake!

Guess I just expect absolute perfection for the $$ they cost. The one I took looked perfect but upon further inspection when I got it home, it was also very, very, very slightly misaligned - like 1/32" of an inch -- it would've always bothered me.

The other Damier styles I looked at (3 or 4) WERE perfect in every way. It was just the Papillon 30 style. The display bag was 100% perfect but I didn't want it. :shame:

awesome information.

I seen a girl walk by with a damier ribera. But man did the canvas look very very very stiff. Something just seem odd about it. The colors looked good though.

HmmmMmmMm. Scarry good fakes. Scarrrrry

I know that in mono, there are subtle differences in texture & stiffness depending on batch & place of manufacture. So some bags are shinier & less stiff and others are more matte & stiff. Would damier canvas have these same textural differences so that with 2 people with the same style bag, both authentic--one's bag would be stiffer than the other's?

I was wondering about this too so I supposed I'll continue this thread... how do we spot a fake Damier Azur speedy?

If the E Store (On the Official LV Website) still has the product you can see amazing detail on the exterior/interior of the bag when you voom in. I was giving it a shot when I was interested in this Azur Neverfull MM Tote and made sure EVERY LV Logo was in place. It worked for me! :graucho:

Can anyone tell me if this photo looks like an authentic Speedy 25 azur datecode?
Thanks

Please post authenticity questions only in the authenticate this thread.

We no longer have open threads regarding references on spotting fakes as this information may be used when manufacturing fakes. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.