Can you spot fakes?

I can usually tell if a LV is fake and sometimes a Gucci and Prada. The other brands I am not so good at. If I am suspect about the bag, I usually ask questions about where it was purchased and the name of the bag and if they start to stutter then I know it's fake!! Real bag owners can usually tell you the important info about their bag!!

Some I can tell, sometimes I can't. It depends on the brand and the "quality" of the fake. I have spotted some fake birkins, but it was SO obvious that they were fake. I can't always tell with LV unless it is a style I know hasn't been made, or the colors are wrong, or it has those awful feet.

While I've spotted quite a few fakes in my time I wouldn't trust my judgement entirely as I have been wrong once. Only because I wasn't aware that particular style was ever made. But I'm much happier knowing that my items are authentic and stick to purchasing directly from the boutiques, rather than from EvilBAY or the like.

To a certain extent yes.

we were on an elevator in vegas and there was this 15 yr old girl with her parents carrying an obviously fake Prada Fairy bag.

my first reaction was, wow she's got a fairy bag! then i looked at the face of the fairy & it didn't look as if it's right. I've been staring at enough fairy bags to memorize the face.

but then, i may be wrong.

I sometimes can tell if it's fake if some parts fray at the edges.

I can usually nail a fake, even pretty good ones, in Coach and LV. I wouldn't assume I could tell one in most other designers, though, even those I own. What I can tell is if the workmanship is exceptional or not, and it's amazing how in consignment shops I come across many bags with shoddy workmanship, which leads me to not buy them because I think they might be fake. :shrugs: But I couldn't swear by it.

Only the obvious ones, the ones made of plastic or if it's a style/color that the designer never actually made. One of the really expensive fakes, no, I wouldn't be able to tell. One of my best girlfriends recently got a new "LV", and I wouldn't have known it from the outside until she told me.