Can you spot fakes?

I really wonder where all the fake-spotting takes place! Usually people are walking too quickly to catch more than a glimpse of their bag. And if I was in a cafe or wherever I would never draw attention to myself (or broadcast a lack of manners) by staring at somebody's bag. Having said that, I once saw a student waiting at the University bus stop, and carrying a blatantly fake Balenciaga First. These sorts of sightings are rare for me though. The most blatant, rubbishy fakes I have ever seen were being sold by pavement sellers in Italy last year.

^it depends on the area. At airports waiting for flights I usually tend to spot fakes becuase there is nothing better to do than sit around and stare and your surroundings. Same thing goes for some mall food-courts. Another common one is Costco (wholesale store) and Target. However I've also seen people carrying blatant fakes on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills!

I had my first "DAYUM THATS A HELLA FAKE" experience today in Berkeley! There was a girl walking across Telegraph with a GNARLY Black plastic Stam, and she looked to the right to see if any cars were coming and I caught a glimpse of the MARC JACOBS nameplate on the OUTSIDE of the bag! I just about died! It was so fake, I just about crapped my pants!

PS: These are never on the outside of real MJ bags! NEVER!:nuts:
nameplate.jpg

I don't know about that template being on the outside, but i was looking for sale items and ran across this Dr. Q convertible clutch by MJ with the name plate on the outside.. thought it was interesting about what you said. Maybe it was this one at zappos.com that you saw? This just shows you that some designer bags are just outright ugly... I do like the black leather one though.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7393584/c/5020.html
marcj2058712867_prod_zoom_lookbk_v1_m56577569831019318.jpg

Last edited: