Can you purchase replacement straps for Evelyne?

VLandme4ever

LVandme4ever
Aug 13, 2014
Hi Everyone - I am brand new to Hermes and I'm looking at a preloved Evelyne I PM and was wondering if you know if I would be able to purchase an adjustable strap for it from Hermes? If you can, any idea on the cost?

Hi Everyone - I am brand new to Hermes and I'm looking at a preloved Evelyne I PM and was wondering if you know if I would be able to purchase an adjustable strap for it from Hermes? If you can, any idea on the cost?

I think you may be able to but the wait is usually quite long and they're expensive.

If you are looking for a bargain, thinking discount bag plus strap = less expense Evie. Prob not. Unless the bag is almost for nothing, I doubt you'll end up with a bargain.

Yes, you can. But, it will cost you. Assuming the bag already has the non-adjustable strap, I'd use a non-H strap when you need to adjust. The Evie I strap is actually more comfy IMO.

You can but will have to pay a hefty price and wait. Tbh there's nothing special about the strap for the Evelyne, you can easily buy one from the Etsy shops with probably the same or similar quality for under $50.

Another endorsement for ShoulderBagStrap. I have ordered many straps through her shop. I just ordered a custom Blue Nuit strap (not listed as an option) for my Constance To Go. If you don't see your color, ask and she might be able to make it for you.

Reactions: harleyNemma
Sorry to bump an old thread— noticed my Evelyne strap is coming undone near the base. Kind of frayed and unraveling. Mysterious. Is this the kind of thing a trip to the spa would help with? It’s only ~1 year old and I’ve never had anything done to any H purchases besides rtw alterations. Thanks! Would ask SA but am traveling to end of year. Mods, happy to move to spa thread if that’s more relevant found this on search only

Sorry to bump an old thread— noticed my Evelyne strap is coming undone near the base. Kind of frayed and unraveling. Mysterious. Is this the kind of thing a trip to the spa would help with? It’s only ~1 year old and I’ve never had anything done to any H purchases besides rtw alterations. Thanks! Would ask SA but am traveling to end of year. Mods, happy to move to spa thread if that’s more relevant found this on search only
Yes, they should either replace the strap or repair the end. This should not happen within a year of use. Good luck!

Reactions: DeryaHm
Hello, sorry to resurrect an old thread--but saw it and it fit my question perfectly.

I was interesting in purchasing an Evelyne II (to get the back pocket)--but also need an adjustable strap, as I am tall.

Does anyone have any recent experience with the price of a new adjustable strap from Hermes (and wait time)?

Also is the etsy shop referenced above (that was closed) now this shop?