Can you have just one Birkin?

Yeah,.. I was one of those that thought 'one Hermes bag is enough' ahem,... that was 7 Birkins, 5 Kelly's, an Evelyne, Bolide, Paris Bombay, Plume, Berlingot, Constance, Trim, and a whole lotta accessories ago! :roflmfao:

Thanks so much for all the advice ladies. I've decided to try for one.

I see the one I like on ebay but $12,000.00 is bit much for me right now. Every journey starts with that first step. Here I go! *save save*

Hopefully when I'm ready, there will be one waiting for me :smile:.

This is not encouraging! I think I can stick with just one Kelly....I think I have a bit of willpower. Although never tested against Hermes before.

Plan B would be, one Kelly and one Birkin.

Plan C would be one Kelly, one Birkin, and a Bolide.

Plan D would be....Yikes!

Back to plan A. slowly trying to dip a toe in at a time for Kelly. Afraid to get sucked in :devil:

I Really Thought I Could Live With One Birkin (Or Even One Hermes Bag)...Who The H@ll Am I Kidding........I'm Still @ Two Birkins....But, The Kelly Situation Is Out Of Hand............& I'm Definitely Plotting Birkin #3!!!:nuts:

Of course you can have just one Birkin, if that is what you decide would work best for you in terms of balancing your lifestyle and other purchases.
If you think it will be your only Birkin or only Hermes, then you would want to really strategize and make sure it's the color/leather/size that would be most versatile for your lifestyle, wardrobe and climate.
It is great to have more than one, but in my opinion it is not necessary. I wouldn't worry too much about not stopping at one. We all evolve over time and you might find after using one that you would like more. But then again you might not want it.

As others have said, this is a terribly addictive love! I was so wary of buying a Birkin and was completely convinced it would be 'the one and only'. Ha! The passion I had when I finally received my Birkin was overwhelming and I was soon plotting for another . . . .Within an embarrassingly short period of time, I acquired another, smaller Birkin plus Dogon wallet. I will save until the time is right and probably look into a clutch or even, playing the long game, another Birkin - it is a habit like no other!

To answer your original question though, I would happily use my Birkin every day if it was a choice between that and a range of bags - no question.