Can you buy a LV luggage tag seperately?

You can buy them in store as a replacement part. They are €50.
If you have a good relationship you might be able to buy a tag without owning a bag that has one on it.

Tradesy.com has a decent amount pre loved. I have bought several from there and all were authentic. LV has hotstamped them all instore no questions asked. Stock is so hit or miss at LV that after buying them directly from LV when I could get them I moved on to preloved. Less hassle.

Reactions: Nana61256
You can buy them in store as a replacement part. They are €50.
If you have a good relationship you might be able to buy a tag without owning a bag that has one on it.
Question - does anyone know how LV knows what bags you own? Obviously anything ordered online or through CS is in their records. But I'm wondering - I bought my 1st NF in May (mono) at the LV in Saks in DC. Then I bought an Azur in June online. My online account only shows the online purchase.

I'm thinking of getting a Keepall 45 for my b-day and wondering if it makes a difference if I order online or through an SA at either Bloomies or Saks. If I want a replacement tag - can I call CS and have one sent even if I purchased at Saks? TIA for any thoughts on how this works! I'm new to LV in 2018 :flowers:

Question - does anyone know how LV knows what bags you own? Obviously anything ordered online or through CS is in their records. But I'm wondering - I bought my 1st NF in May (mono) at the LV in Saks in DC. Then I bought an Azur in June online. My online account only shows the online purchase.

I'm thinking of getting a Keepall 45 for my b-day and wondering if it makes a difference if I order online or through an SA at either Bloomies or Saks. If I want a replacement tag - can I call CS and have one sent even if I purchased at Saks? TIA for any thoughts on how this works! I'm new to LV in 2018 :flowers:
SA’s can see your entire purchase history including in store and online. So it doesn’t matter where you purchase they will be able to see it.

Reactions: MooMooVT

As long as it’s under the same account, your SA can see all your purchases (online and in stores).

Reactions: MooMooVT and epeLV
You used to be able to walk up to after sales at fifth ave ave they would order you anything you wanted, (luggage tags, replacement straps,etc) now they are checking history. I wanted to get a couple of tags to ring to Hawaii but I’ll have to see if they’ll even sell them to me.

For some reason my in store and online orders account are under separate accounts. Not sure why this happened as it’s the same name, phone, email, address... Just a FYI that if they question you on if you’ve bought a piece and you know you got it at LV to make sure you didn't end up having two accounts and have them check both. This happened my last visit in store and the SA looked closer and saw that I had two accounts on record with them with different bags under each.

For some reason my in store and online orders account are under separate accounts. Not sure why this happened as it’s the same name, phone, email, address... Just a FYI that if they question you on if you’ve bought a piece and you know you got it at LV to make sure you didn't end up having two accounts and have them check both. This happened my last visit in store and the SA looked closer and saw that I had two accounts on record with them with different bags under each.
Your SA can merge your accounts. LV just shifted to a new system in August so not sure how easy it is now, but I m sure it’s still doable.

Reactions: epeLV
This is what I'm noticing too! I can only see my one, online, purchase on my online LV account. But I made one purchase through an SA at Bloomies as a charge-send and one in-person purchase at a Saks LV. I'd love to see what they see. Is this possible? I don't recall the Saks SA asking for my email or phone so not sure how it would/could be tied? But in this age - she may have and I didn't even notice because who doesn't ask for email/cell. Thoughts?

This is what I'm noticing too! I can only see my one, online, purchase on my online LV account. But I made one purchase through an SA at Bloomies as a charge-send and one in-person purchase at a Saks LV. I'd love to see what they see. Is this possible? I don't recall the Saks SA asking for my email or phone so not sure how it would/could be tied? But in this age - she may have and I didn't even notice because who doesn't ask for email/cell. Thoughts?

The SA only showed me what was on her screen because I was literally half over the counter looking lol. It looked like an old database computer system... ie not something you can click through but rather you navigate through it using the arrow keys, number keys, and enter key. But I’m a data scientist so I’m into that stuff lol. This was mid August and the SA told me they were still on the old system. Maybe the new will be more modern looking and join some of the duplicate accounts. Idk if she joined my accounts at that time or not... I didn’t ask because knowing this now I don’t really care either way. But my online account always gives me login trouble (missed out on something online last night because of it argh!) and only shows my online purchases. So next time I’m in store if it shows two accounts again I’ll ask.

Tradesy.com has a decent amount pre loved. I have bought several from there and all were authentic. LV has hotstamped them all instore no questions asked. Stock is so hit or miss at LV that after buying them directly from LV when I could get them I moved on to preloved. Less hassle.
I know this is an older post, but I just saw it and want to chime in with my experience. A couple years ago I walked in my local LV store and purchased a Damier ebene luggage tag. No questions asked. Now I want to purchase a Vachetta luggage tag and the same store will not sell me one. So, I also moved on to preloved. I agree, less hassle.

Last edited:
I just bought a LV Neverfull in Dameir Ebene and here was my experience:

I was traveling during the holidays, so I went to a store out of state (my normal store would be the one in MN) that I usually wouldn't go to, and got VERY lucky with a SA who let me buy a luggage tag with my neverfull. For reference, I was in Chicago, and went to the Oakbrook Mall (Don't bother trying with the Michigan Ave location-- they wont sell you a luggage tag without buying luggage). Since I was in the store the day after Christmas, I didn't actually get it right away. I "prepaid" for it, and they said when they get it in store, I can call them and tell them what I want hotstamped, and then they would mail it to me. I asked what size I could get, and my SA told me there was only one "standard" size, and that's what I would be getting. It didn't seem like I had much of a choice for the size. For reference my receipt says .45 so I'm not sure what size that actually is. Maybe the medium or the large?

About 2-3 weeks after Christmas, I got a call that it arrived and told them what I wanted on it. They then shipped it to me with 2 day shipping and I got it about 3 weeks after I had originally ordered it. Interestingly enough, I had gone to my normal MN store in the meantime, and asked them an unrelated question, but the SA there told me that LV Corporate said in the summer of 2018 that no stores in America were allowed to sell luggage tags without buying luggage, and that whoever my SA was in the Chicago store was really lucky. She said there are some stores that will allow it, so it sounds like if you can find one, you got really lucky. The MN store told me they would NEVER have sold me one, even if I had asked the store manager.

Here's a picture. I'd be curious to know what size this actually is. For reference, I got the medium letter sizes, with no spaces in between, in gold.
Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 2.42.41 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 2.42.53 PM.png