Can only pick one - Modern Chain or Luxe Bowler - Opinions please?

oh Lisasbags, i hope you manage to find an MC tote again soon! Good luck with the hunt. Remember, you can always use a personal shopper service to locate one for you (just that there'll be service fees) if you can't find one yourself... but if you love it a lot and you're willing to pay extra, its worth it!
I prefer the MC tote too, the size and the comfort-factor (its less awkward carrying it on your shoulder) are big plus points!

Thank you Nightshade :smile:

I just found one on ebay and posted it in our Authentication area..but I'm really an ebay chicken :shame: and like new pristine bags..
Its worth looking into I suppose.

I hope this helps but I went to the Chanel trunk show at NM in Palo Alto, CA and saw that the MC tote is actually coming back this season. However, they only come in black. You might want to check out a trunk show and see if you can put your name on the wait list. I put my name down. Hope I get it. =)

I'm glad that I was able to help. I'm actually hoping for a baby cabas and unsure about the MC tote until I see it IRL. Anyhow, good luck!

PS - The NM in Palo Alto, CA will be receiving four for this season. Maybe you can call them and have them put you name on the waitlist?

Yes. That's what the SA told me too. She tried to sway me away from putting my name on the list because she said that the chain made the bag heavy. She then tried to have me put my name on another bag that was another $1k more. (I smell a commission wanting SA) :yes: Anyway, I went to try another MC bag and I have to admit that the bag was a bit heavier than I would've liked but the weight might have also been contributed to the size of the bag as well. I'm also not a big fan of heavy bags but I put my name on the list anyway. You never know right? I don't want this to be a bag that I would regret not getting. Maybe you can have a better sense of the weight of the chain by seeing other MC bags?