Can I see your dainty engagement/wedding rings??

dearmissie

I'm MARRIED!!
Aug 16, 2007
Okay so as you all know, I'm engaged and I got a beautiful ring last January that was a round solitaire and then I changed the band because it was too thick for my taste, very bulky. So here I am with the same diamond with a new thin Tiffany's style band and I do love it however I'm not really feeling the round. For starters it's so hard to find a band that will sit flush against my engagement ring and that personally bugs me. In addition, I've always loved princess cuts. Soooo, being the fabulous DF he is, my DF said we can go look at new rings. I get to exchange my solitaire (I still have the original band though and will always keep it for sentimental reasons. I think I'll put a new stone in it eventually) and I get a new princess ring!! We're on the fence for another solitaire (DF's favorite style) but I really fell in love with this other dainty looking ring (I've never been a fan of really big bulky flashy thick chunky engagement/weddings rings. Not my style, but great on others!) The ring that I saw was so beautiful and very unique, not very cookie cutter, common, or commercialized. It had a very light delicate style. Thin band and beautiful small almost pave diamonds nearby. So gentle looking! When I look at it the ring isn't "screaming" to me, however I feel like instead it's singing me a sweet love song. I love the small dainty petite precious look of the ring, it fits in well with my tiny size 4 size finger that I have.

Does anyone else here have dainty style rings?? Can I please see what it looks like?? Are you still happy with it after all these years even after the big boom of "big bling". Please post pictures! Thanks!!

I have a blue one that was my "everyday" ring, but I'm in no way wearing it at my wedding! It in no way is as nice and it's color doesnt match. It's not screaming "wedding ring". Plus no band will match with it. I do like to wear it on more low key everyday basis though because it does sit a lot lower and doesn't snag on things as easily! It's a beautiful ring! I still have the diamond round ring which I wear ever so often but not to work or anything (I work with kids.) I usually wear it when it's a nicer event, or when my blue ring doesn't match my outfit.. Which I realize it happening more and more often because I don't own any blue clothing (blue looks so bad on me) and I don't own much green either. Hehee. I guess I'm the type of girl who keeps liking to change her rings?? Good thing we can exchange the solitaire at the jewelry store for a life time! Just pay the difference!

I have a blue one that was my "everyday" ring, but I'm in no way wearing it at my wedding! It in no way is as nice and it's color doesnt match. It's not screaming "wedding ring". Plus no band will match with it. I do like to wear it on more low key everyday basis though because it does sit a lot lower and doesn't snag on things as easily! It's a beautiful ring! I still have the diamond round ring which I wear ever so often but not to work or anything (I work with kids.) I usually wear it when it's a nicer event, or when my blue ring doesn't match my outfit.. Which I realize it happening more and more often because I don't own any blue clothing (blue looks so bad on me) and I don't own much green either. Hehee. I guess I'm the type of girl who keeps liking to change her rings?? Good thing we can exchange the solitaire at the jewelry store for a life time! Just pay the difference!

I dont think your ring has to "match" what outfit your wearing..... I have a yellow sapphire and it hardly matches what I wear, but I love my ring and to me it doesnt matter if it matches my outfit... So if you love the blue ring I would wear it no matter what your wearing, unless you dont like the ring anymore, then I would trade it in with the solitaire

^ I 100% agree.

oo0e- You won't like this idea, but this is what I would do b/c you have essentially gone through 3 e-rings in a short time. Order a style or two from QVC from the Diamonique line or elsewhere that does realistic CZ in proper settings. Pick what you think you would want in diamonds. Wear the CZ and figure out if you are really happy w/ the style or not, maybe at least a year. It's really expensive to keep trading rings or changing settings. Plus, even if your DF has not said anything, he may actually be hurt b/c you keep changing your ring. It means a lot to some men.

Just wear your round solitaire at your wedding and in your photos, until you figure out what you really want.

^ I 100% agree.

oo0e- You won't like this idea, but this is what I would do b/c you have essentially gone through 3 e-rings in a short time. Order a style or two from QVC from the Diamonique line or elsewhere that does realistic CZ in proper settings. Pick what you think you would want in diamonds. Wear the CZ and figure out if you are really happy w/ the style or not, maybe at least a year. It's really expensive to keep trading rings or changing settings. Plus, even if your DF has not said anything, he may actually be hurt b/c you keep changing your ring. It means a lot to some men.

Just wear your round solitaire at your wedding and in your photos, until you figure out what you really want.

I think thats a great idea!
QVC Diamonique line has some really amazing rings.

^ I 100% agree.

I totally agree with this. The ring my DH bought me (he also picked out my wedding band as well) wasn't something I would have picked out if I had my choice but I am totally in love with it because HE chose it for me (plus, the look of it has totally grown on me and I wouldn't get rid of it if I had to now). And he is so proud of his choice too (its really cute!)....If you are TRULY unhappy with your 1ct solitare, then trade away but maybe wait a bit since you like to change up so frequently? The QVC idea is a good one too...they have some tacori designs on there that are really pretty!!

Hey all!! Thanks for your replies!! And thanks for the idea of going to QVC.com I bought a fun ring from them once, and I do have earrings and I like my earrings but my ring doesn't fit. It's a size 4 and is a bit too big for me so that doesn't really work. But I do look on the site often for different style on what I would like. I feel bad now, I feel like maybe I am hurting my DF's feelings. Oy, I guess I'll have to have a talk with him tonight. Poor guy, he probably thinks I'm some diamond crazy bridezilla!

And thanks for your comment Courtney! I do like my blue ring but sometimes I feel it's not so fancy?? I really do see it as my everyday ring esp. when I go to work because it doesn't sit up high so it doesn't scratch the kids I work with. But again, it's not sometimes I could wear with a wedding band either. Ahh, so confusing.

wow ... you have a very patient sweet DH ... there's no way my boy would cope if i wasnt happy with my ring (he knew i wanted a princess and i selected the setting).
I know, I am so grateful for him!! :heart::heart: He was confused at the what stone I wanted. He never really looked at princesses because his Mom owns mostly rounds, and so he kinda just chose what he's familiar with. (I do like my round, but prefer a princess.) However when we did go to the store to look at bands I got to show him what a princess was and he was actually really taken back at how beautiful it was. He's not a diamond guy but he said, "Oh yes, defiantly a princess!!" We were having a really hard time finding a band that sat flush with my round (we both like the look of the rings to sit flush so they look "matchy") so we were thinking of having them welded (I'm sure that's not the right word, but I'm drawing a blank! Haha, sorry) but instead he said it may be best to swap the diamonds and get the princess because it's what we both like better. And with the princess we'd just put it in an engagement ring which we will buy with it's matching band (getting a wedding set). So that way they will sit flush and our problem is solved! :tup:

I totally agree with this. The ring my DH bought me (he also picked out my wedding band as well) wasn't something I would have picked out if I had my choice but I am totally in love with it because HE chose it for me (plus, the look of it has totally grown on me and I wouldn't get rid of it if I had to now). And he is so proud of his choice too (its really cute!)....If you are TRULY unhappy with your 1ct solitare, then trade away but maybe wait a bit since you like to change up so frequently? The QVC idea is a good one too...they have some tacori designs on there that are really pretty!!

I'm glad you ended up happy with it in the end. One of the things I now regret is not ever letting this happen. I've always told men not to buy me jewelry because I was too picky! In retrospect, I think it would have been nice if my SO had surprised me with something he had chosen himself. It would have made it so much more special.

Sounds like he likes your choice too! Since it turns out you both prefer this other ring, go for it. Dainty rings are suitable for any and every occasion and showcase lovely hands (and pictures show you have some). Sounds like it took you some time, but you've both found "the" ring. Congrats. :smile:

Sounds like he likes your choice too! Since it turns out you both prefer this other ring, go for it. Dainty rings are suitable for any and every occasion and showcase lovely hands (and pictures show you have some). Sounds like it took you some time, but you've both found "the" ring. Congrats. :smile:

Thank you. I agree this took us quiet some time but in the end it seems like not only I, but that he really truly likes the princess much much more. When we went looking at bands for the round he was not really into it, and sorta just taking a back seat. But when they showed him the princess he "perked up" and was much more involved, he was actually asking questions and not just letting the SA steer the purchase. Although I feel bad because we both didn't really "feel" like the round wasn't "the" ring it feels good to have gone on this journey together and agree together on this ring. Thank you again!! :heart::heart: