Can anyone help with mens watches?

Oct 14, 2008
I'd like to get my SO a really nice watch. I know he is planning a proposal and I want to surprise him with a nice present!

But I don't know anything about men's watches. Does anyone know what brands I should look at? I'm thinking something in the $5k range?

Thanks!

I'd like to get my SO a really nice watch. I know he is planning a proposal and I want to surprise him with a nice present!

But I don't know anything about men's watches. Does anyone know what brands I should look at? I'm thinking something in the $5k range?

Thanks!
I'm a Rolex fan myself. You can't go wrong with a classic Datejust or Explorer -- they both will look as good in 30 years as they do today. I'm also partial to IWC, Breitling and Omega. Get him something classic that can be dressed up or down. Check out the Tourneau website at www.tourneau.com. Good luck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 296
Tag Heuer is nice.

Yes! Get a Tag Heuer. This was my dad's Tag, I use it now. It was his favorite watch and I love it too, it's looks so pretty!

1copy_zpse13de1b1.jpg

2copy_zps1d6f950a.jpg

And this is him wearing it:

IMG_0153kopie_zps75e3dddd-1.jpg

Rolex Submariner is the ultimate watch you can give your man. The most iconic and masculine watch ever made. A new one will be out of your budget, but a pre-owned one should just about fit the USD 5.000 mark.

Best of luck :smile:

I agree with the suggestion of a pre-loved Rolex Sub. It's a classic, gorgeous watch-- and if you're going pre-owned, perhaps you could look into finding one from the year you met, or from another meaningful date, for an extra element of sentimental value?

If you prefer to go new, consider a Breitling or TAG. Good luck with your choice!

My vote is Rolex, Tag or Cartier.

My BF prefers Tag over Rolex/Cartier because he felt Tag was more unique. He's also more of a relaxed, sporty type so the Tag suited his style better.
The Rolex watch he wanted was $14K (out of the budget) and the only Cartier one he liked was the Calibre ($7K). I am glad the one he chose was a lot less $$.

This is the one he picked. It also comes in an all silver band.

Attachments

• 41xKAdbaIuL__tag-heuer-men-s-cau1115-ba0869-formula-1-stainless-steel-ceramic-chronograph-watch,.jpg
    41xKAdbaIuL__tag-heuer-men-s-cau1115-ba0869-formula-1-stainless-steel-ceramic-chronograph-watch,.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 222

Thanks!

Hello Brokeshopper,
You are very nice to go out of your way to purchase your friend a nice watch!!! Do you know what particular style he would like to wear?! If not it might be better to let your friend know you are purchasing him an expensive gift! IMHO people are very picky when it comes to receiving gifts, especially when it comes to fashion/jewelery! If you know exactly what his style or particular brand he likes then go for it! Please be aware this is an expensive gift from you, and you want him to wear it religiously everyday! Please keep us updated. Good luck.

Thanks for all your help ladies!! I'm going to look into a pre-owned rolex, and check out the other brands too! I thought $5K was generous but maybe I'll up the budget. He is after all splurging on the ring!

Hello there, for a watch in your range I would most definitely recommend a Jaeger Lecoultre Reverso (used or pre-owned) or a MasterControl series from the same make. They are a true horological bang for the buck... You can also look up the El Primero Chronograph by Zenith and various watches from the Senator Series of Glashutte Original....

Cheers, as a man these would be my choices, over the ubiquitous Tag, Rolex and Omega...