Can a woman wear a men's leather jacket?

Hi!

I am in love with All Saints leather jackets. The problem is, I'm 5'9" with a 40" chest (wear a 38C bra), wide shoulders, and a broad back. (Though I'm a size 6 or 8 on the bottom.) The largest size they make (UK 14) "fits," but I can't zip it up.

Do you think I could get away with wearing one of their men's leather jackets? The site says a men's M is for a 40" chest and that the L is for a 42". The one I'm specifically interested in is this:

http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/leather-jackets/allsaints-callerton-biker-jacket/

If so, think I should go for the M or the L?

Or should I just fuhgeddaboudit and move on to a different brand?

Thank you!

^I agree.

I own a men's Wilson leather 1X. A bit large, but I like that it looks I am wearing a "boyfriend's" jacket and I get away with folding the cuffs up about 3 inches on my 5'4" frame.

However, all my life, I've ended up trying on men's cuts, I really prefer the more streamlined look I get with men's raincoats, boots. I don't really like things that cinch or are slim fitted. A bit more androgynous or neutral. Just have to be careful and try out in person the correct conversion size -- too large and you will notice it in the shoulders and sleeves.

Just saw your link, I think you can get away with the men's size, I've been looking for something like this style too

I will hazard a guess that the men's 40 chest will fit you if you have a broad back/large shoulders like me, it is cut for a man's broader shoulders; the 42 *might* be too big around the shoulders.

I'd say M if you really want to try it.
I'd be sure you can return if the cut is too full.

I'm 5'9", so I have had my issues with length, but I like a more fitted look and typically men's cuts just make me look bricky.

Last edited:
I think it depend what look you are going for and the cut of the particular jacket.

The original fashion for moto jackets was to wear a man's anyway, so no, it won't look 'wrong', but it will look like a 'look'. All Saints are pretty skinny cut, even for men, so it won't be so very different.

I have a Man's (wool plaid) Vivienne Westwood that is actually noticeably waitsed (it was probably in the sale because it was so fitted and small). As others have said, the arms are longer :yes:.

Thanks, everyone!

I think I'll try to find out from CS how long the sleeves are. Otherwise I'll make sure I can return.

I wouldn't have a problem rolling up the sleeves, save for the fact that it zippered cuffs.