Can a woman wear a men's leather jacket?

Natasha22

O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
Hi!

I am in love with All Saints leather jackets. The problem is, I'm 5'9" with a 40" chest (wear a 38C bra), wide shoulders, and a broad back. (Though I'm a size 6 or 8 on the bottom.) The largest size they make (UK 14) "fits," but I can't zip it up.

Do you think I could get away with wearing one of their men's leather jackets? The site says a men's M is for a 40" chest and that the L is for a 42". The one I'm specifically interested in is this:

http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/leather-jackets/allsaints-callerton-biker-jacket/

If so, think I should go for the M or the L?

Or should I just fuhgeddaboudit and move on to a different brand?

Thank you!

rainrowan

where's my bag?!
O.G.
Apr 25, 2006
^I agree.

I own a men's Wilson leather 1X. A bit large, but I like that it looks I am wearing a "boyfriend's" jacket and I get away with folding the cuffs up about 3 inches on my 5'4" frame.

However, all my life, I've ended up trying on men's cuts, I really prefer the more streamlined look I get with men's raincoats, boots. I don't really like things that cinch or are slim fitted. A bit more androgynous or neutral. Just have to be careful and try out in person the correct conversion size -- too large and you will notice it in the shoulders and sleeves.

Just saw your link, I think you can get away with the men's size, I've been looking for something like this style too

rainrowan

where's my bag?!
O.G.
Apr 25, 2006
I will hazard a guess that the men's 40 chest will fit you if you have a broad back/large shoulders like me, it is cut for a man's broader shoulders; the 42 *might* be too big around the shoulders.

BarbAga

O.G.
Aug 15, 2009
yes you can get away with this. Prolly have to roll sleeves some. I see no reason why you couldn't wear this.

Harpertoo

Feb 5, 2013
Europe
I'd say M if you really want to try it.
I'd be sure you can return if the cut is too full.

I'm 5'9", so I have had my issues with length, but I like a more fitted look and typically men's cuts just make me look bricky.

Last edited:

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
I think it depend what look you are going for and the cut of the particular jacket.

The original fashion for moto jackets was to wear a man's anyway, so no, it won't look 'wrong', but it will look like a 'look'. All Saints are pretty skinny cut, even for men, so it won't be so very different.

I have a Man's (wool plaid) Vivienne Westwood that is actually noticeably waitsed (it was probably in the sale because it was so fitted and small). As others have said, the arms are longer :yes:.

Natasha22

O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
Thanks, everyone!

I think I'll try to find out from CS how long the sleeves are. Otherwise I'll make sure I can return.

I wouldn't have a problem rolling up the sleeves, save for the fact that it zippered cuffs.

anna787

May 20, 2014
Hi Anna here I don't know about them but I do know a website they manufacture great quality leather jackets in affordable price and you will love it check there website if you have any custom design just email them they will make it for you in affordable prices. http://styloleather.com