Can a shoulder-bag girl learn to love a Speedy?

Attach a strap to the speedy, ta da! LOL! People do it all the time!

I have a strap for my Mono and Damier Speedys, but I don't think you would want to attach a strap to the Mirage Speedy - the chads are a bit thicker, I think (?), plus the strap clips will rub against the leather handles attached to the chads, so it could leave a mark even though the Mirage handles are black or burgandy. This happened with my Mono Speedy, so just wanted to warn you since the Mirage Speedy is expensive.

It's a beautiful bag - I like the Mirage with the black trim.

I have been a shoulder strap girl my whole life, but just recently I started to carry my purses in the crook of my arm. Actually it started when I bought the neo cabby and it looked so classy with the bag on the arm and the strap hanging. Now I am just used to it and I have started to carry all of my hand bags for everyday. You do get used to it. Besides that is one hot bag...so it is worth it.

I think as gorgeous as the bag is you sure can!
I didn't think I'd ever be a handheld girl but love the size/style of the speedy. I carry mine mostly in the crook of my arm so my hand is still free.

I love the Speedy!

Strange thing is I bought the Cabby GM b/c it could go cross body. I find myself carrying it on the crook of my arm more than on my shoulder/crossbody.

i was wondering, does anyone find that the crook of their arm gets tired from carrying their speedy? I suppose it depends on how much you stuff in it...but it was just something I wondered...

i was wondering, does anyone find that the crook of their arm gets tired from carrying their speedy? I suppose it depends on how much you stuff in it...but it was just something I wondered...

I was thinking that too - it only starts to ache after a very long time.. like a couple of hours or something then I alternate arms.

I am 35th weeks preggy with my second child . I have no intention to give up any of my handheld bags. Most of my bags are handheld. So unless hubby dearest gave me a bigger budget. I guess there will not be any new shoulderbags for the time being

I wasn't sure when I first got my speedy. I SO love my shoulder bags. I thought it wasn't going to hold enough, it would be a pain to haul around...

But, I LOVE it - it holds TONS (speedy 30) and it fits easily on my arm, leaving my hands free and I find myself using it more and more.

I love shoulder bags and HATE my Speedy. No matter how many time I try to use it I feel so uncomfortable carrying it. It is hard to use when I am shopping and trying to go thru racks of clothes. I think you should try to carry a cheap hand held bag for a few weeks and see how you like it. I would not invest so much money in a bag to sit in the closet.