Cambridge zip top tote in Plum - Pics inside

Really? I guess the SA at the store lie to me then.

Yeah, I'd say that maybe I was lied to, but I know that Baglady was told the same exact number as I was. Then I did call on it one to JAX mysef and was told 907 that time. I mean, I'm not arguing your point at all. It could be that in Coach's mindset, it is a LE so they can charge more. I just don't see it in terms of quality. On the other hand, I DO like the bag. I'm so conflicted - LOL:nuts:

WOW!!! I TOTALLY did not realize the XL Garnet was THAT big!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm a BIG bag gal, so I like it. I'm put off of the Cambridge tote due to the square shape of it, but that's all a matter of personal opinions!! If it's a style you like, I say keep it. I do agree with what anothet poster said, that when it comes to a bag with this type of pricetag, I think it should be one of those "love at 1st sight" with NO RESERVATIONS about snipping the tags at all.

I do like the Garnet better then the tote, but they do both look good one you!!!

I've got my eye on a REALLY BIG bag, in a royal blue leather that would compare to this size of tote. I don't want to mention the brand or style though because I don't want it to see out before I get it!!! LOL How selfish is that right?!

The color is plum and the trim color is chestnut, hope that helps clear up the color controversy. It really is a burgundy color. Beautiful, but I am not sure about it either. It is completely different than garnet though, so that is something. I prefer the garnet on you if I am being honest. Congrats on the new bag!

sorry but bigger -- seriously?

OK, maybe I didn't take good pictures, but this size thing is getting annoying. let me try to put it in perspective more - It's smaller than my Ergo Satchel, which is not that big of a bag. I am not saying that it is not a decent size. I am saying that for $700 with no other significant embelishment or detail to it, I am not quite understanding the price and was expecting it to be slightly bigger. When I look at the OP who posted her cambridge hobo (sorry, blanking on name), the size correlates much more to the price in my opinion.

The color is plum and the trim color is chestnut, hope that helps clear up the color controversy. It really is a burgundy color. Beautiful, but I am not sure about it either. It is completely different than garnet though, so that is something. I prefer the garnet on you if I am being honest. Congrats on the new bag!

That makes sense, although I thought the trim was black, but now that you say this, I have to go look at it - LOL. I agree, the color is gorgeous which is what I love most about it. Now that I've seen modeling pics of the Hobo, I am wondering if I should order that in this color and see which I like better. :biggrin:

i just got the cambridge hobo in navy, and its a nice bag but i too have reservations: the strap is a hindrance, its an odd very sturdy strap that goes over the top of the bag to the point that its hard to gain entrance into the bag; also i bought it as an every day bag, but i think its too big; not sure how well the metallic leather will hold up; on the plus side it has nice organization lots of pockets on the outside as well as the inside: phone, pda or iphone/pod, zipper compartment; it also has 2 loops on the sides if you wanted to add a longer strap, however, i have not tried it yet and the loops are half way down the bag, so it may hang funny...all in all its a nice bag, not heavy at all...