Cambridge zip top tote in Plum - Pics inside

Hi,
I love that bag!!!! It does kind of look big for you, but if you like it, Why not!!!! I love the color!!!! I may have to copy you and get that bag!!! I looked at the large leather Hobo in the Cambridge - Eggplant! I love, love , love the color!! Wasn't too crazy for the Hobo! (It reminded me of an overstuffed backpack. I really like the tote but really can't afford it :sad:
I say keep and enjoy!!!

Lynne :woohoo:
Yeah the hobo looks awkward to me too, but then again, I have not seen it in person. It just looks like there is not a very big gap between the strap and the opening and those things tend to annoy me. Thanks for the opinion though! I'm still debating but I'm thinking I'll probably keep it:smile:

Thanks for the reply! Plum chestnut? that does make me think brown, but i can see the burgandy...i'll have to see it in store...who knows? I might fall in love! I'm a big bag girl so I have no problem with big bags depending on how they hang...thanks for posting pics! enjoy her!

I think the "hang" question is my biggest source of apprehension at the moment. I like the way it hangs with the handles and all, but with that long strap...well, it's not what I was expecting. I was expecting it to be longer to where crossbody for one. Second, the straps are attached to the bag too low on the sides causing it to hang awkward. So, like i said, will probably never utilize it unless I am in an extreme pinch to be hands free and need to throw it over my shoulder for a minute or two. It DOES fit crossbody, but up way too high in an awkward position. Again, might utilize that in a pinch, but not as regular way of wearing.

picture.php

the bag does look huge..
or is it you being petite in size? :graucho:

OK, first, please never take your avatar pic down because it always gives me such a big smile. Second, I swear, it does not feel that big. Maybe I am just disoriented because I have been carrying my XL Garnet for a month straight so now everything seems small in comparison? Or, yeah, maybe you're right and I am just so super tiny it looks huge on me, but isn't really (Ha, yeah right...I wish. Coming from the person who still has 10 lbs of baby weight to shed:P)

What is the organization like? Does it have a lot of pockets and compartments? More than your XL Garnet bag? If it does, this may account for the price. I once questioned an SA (regarding a Prada bag) about why a smaller bag was more than a larger one and she responded by showing me that that smaller bag had a lot more compartments accounting for increase in price.

What is the organization like? Does it have a lot of pockets and compartments? More than your XL Garnet bag? If it does, this may account for the price. I once questioned an SA (regarding a Prada bag) about why a smaller bag was more than a larger one and she responded by showing me that that smaller bag had a lot more compartments accounting for increase in price.
None at all other than what you see on the outside of the bag. The inside is just a big open bag. :smile:

I have seen the Hobo IRL and the color is fabulous. I am not sure what constitutes the higher price either (you asked this earlier)...perhaps the quality of the leather and the hardware? I have noticed in some of the $300-$400 bags the hw quality has gone down so perhaps the hw we are used to is in the more expensive bags? I think the bag looks very big and am not sure you could carry one much bigger without falling over :smile:

Perhaps if the bag had more organizational compartments, like the Garnet if would seem like it had more space.

However, it sounds like you have several reservations and are trying to "rationalize" them for lack of a better word. For a bag in that price range you should not have to make compomises....perhaps you may want to return this or exchange it. The Kristin line looks like there are some large bags coming out...you may want to at least not snip the tags and see if you like some of the upcoming bags better. What was it that drew you to this bag...the color?

OK, first, please never take your avatar pic down because it always gives me such a big smile. Second, I swear, it does not feel that big. Maybe I am just disoriented because I have been carrying my XL Garnet for a month straight so now everything seems small in comparison? Or, yeah, maybe you're right and I am just so super tiny it looks huge on me, but isn't really (Ha, yeah right...I wish. Coming from the person who still has 10 lbs of baby weight to shed:P)
awww.. glad u like my avatar.. that's my cheeky boy alright!

no kidding u still have baby weight? u look fabulous!! perfect size i must say! :nuts:

so, i went and search for your XL Garnet pics, and yeah, u are right, they do look ok really.. not that big at all.. and yes, u rock them both gorgeously! :tup:
picture.php
picture.php

THe Cambridge are higher price since it's a limited edition bag.. Only some store get them and each bag are only made 400 or less... Only one out of my 4 boutique get the Cambridge Line and they are almost sold out..

That is one big bag! But, it's a matter of preference...if you love it that's all that matters!

BTW, did you ever post pix of your Lexi?? I'd love to see that one! (Hint, hint!) ;)

That is one big bag! But, it's a matter of preference...if you love it that's all that matters!

BTW, did you ever post pix of your Lexi?? I'd love to see that one! (Hint, hint!) ;)

I will totally do that for your later today;). I have a couple appointments in the morning and then will get to it as soon as I get back and then I'll PM you when I've posted. I love that bag - it makes me smile:biggrin:

I like that it's large, but somehow I'm not digging the crossbody strap (adjustable?) on it, but the drop length on the shoulder looks good. Maybe it's just to SQUARE for me in appearance... dunno. Glad you like it!