Cambridge Satchels

Anyone knows if the Dark Green is true to color? It looks nice, but I'm worried it'll look too dark-ish in real life....

2u9lfcx.jpg

(from Shopbop)

Just got my satchel today. It took about a week. I am absolutely loving it. I chose the classic yellow satchel 13" and it fits my 11" macbook air snugly. But it is currently snowing and I can't take it out. What can people recommend for a rain repellent?

Do you mind showing a pic of your macbook air inside? I wanna know how snugly it fits cuz I have a michael kors sleeve for mine and i was hoping the 13" would provide enough room!

Hi,
Anyone knows why some of CS strap and internal part is in brown but some would follow the colour of the bag itself?
I'm trying to figure out what makes the different but I could not find the answer..
Thank you

I have the 14" satchel in oxblood. I got it in September and have been using it daily everywhere I go. I love the bag, it is large enough for my essentials and also prevents me from carrying too much rubbish that I don't need. The straps on the buckle is wearing out tho, and I'm thinking of getting the leather satchel one which allows the buckle to be customised to a magnetic snap closure instead.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394046699.185898.jpg

I wanted a Cambridge satchel for a while but after reading about the long delivery time (6 weeks was quoted at that time Nov 2012) and poor customer service I decided to go with the leather satchel company. The bag arrived within a week & after over a year of use it has held up really well. You get a 5 year guarantee too which is a bonus.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394046977.484915.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1394046977.484915.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 913
Does anyone have issues with these bags scratching? I just ordered 2 and want to know the best way to protect the leather. I plan on using them as everyday bags.

I'm sorry no one answered your question ElephanyGirl

It depends on from which company and which leather you picked

I was waiting for someone with 'normal' leather to answer you

I have a metallic silver Cambridge SC, and yes it does scratch but there's nothing to me done with metallic. However, I bargained for that when I bought it and look forward to it looking as cut-up as an Olympic ice rink after the finals :biggrin:

I finally picked up a satchel on clearance - a 14" oxblood batchel with a removable shoulder strap. It was on sale for having a messed up blind stamp. There was a sale section at the back of the Lamb Street store in London. I'm going to see if there's any anything I can do to make it less obvious. I'm already looking at smaller versions.

Does anyone have issues with these bags scratching? I just ordered 2 and want to know the best way to protect the leather. I plan on using them as everyday bags.

No issues here. My daughter uses hers for school everyday foe the last 2 years. We regularly use leather conditioner and warmer proof protectant spray on it. Still looks pretty dang good.

This thread was very helpful to me. I didn't know what to buy - I did get a used Zatchels satchel but it was far too heavy for its size (very thick, stiff leather) so I ended up ordering a customized satchel from the Leather Satchel Company.

The Leather Satchel Company's customer service was superb; I forgot to add one customization to my order but I emailed them and it was no trouble to add a note to the order, and they didn't even charge me any extra money (it was just a small thing). My satchel was shipped to me via DHL within a couple of weeks. It is just what I wanted. Great quality leather, great workmanship, and no reason to think this satchel won't last me a lifetime if I take care of it.