Calm me down guys please....... what would you do ..................

I know you are right, I am just so mad right now because for the first time ever she doesn't ant to talk to me about her hurt as she knows how I felt about him all along!

I know, honey...and I pray that my own son doesn't turn into one of those...but I really don't think that anything you say or do to him is going to matter...and the religion thing about his Mom shouldn't be a factor. Just BE STRONG for your daughter...let her know that you are there for you whenever she is ready. This is the hardest thing as a parent; seeing our kids hurt and not being able to fix it...if she sees your support, that will teach her more than you may ever know! :yahoo:

Personally I think you sound nuts. Your daughter will get over this heartbreak and learn from it just like everyone else in this world has to. Its part of life and this breakup its her life.

I don't see what good can come of you saying anything nasty to him. You are an adult and a role model to your daughter - would you want her to act that way? Anyway you got what you wanted he's out of her life.

I hope you were just venting and not actually serious.

Revenge will just make things worse. So try not to focus on that. Also, are you sure you know both sides as to what happened? If you're 100% sure that he dumped her cause he's a douchetwat, then all you can really do is comfort your daughter and hope she learned her lesson. Try not to say I told you so, cause I'm sure she feels duped and taken advantage of. It sucks, but these are the things she's going to have to experience when it comes to men. Not every guy will click with her, and not every guy has her feelings in mind. No matter what you tell her, she won't see it until something like this happens. Heartbreak is part of life...it sucks hardcore, but that's the way it is. :sad:
I know Charles you are right, in the words of chris Rea "Everyones a lesson" but it so sucks to see your beautiful daughter gutted because of a lowlife that I & my son knew she was just a challenge to!!!! We had no doubt that he was only with her to "break her" & brag.
Even when he met my son & his girlfriend (who is a real stunner) out he was letching over her she felt so uncomfortable, she told me so but my daughter just couldn't see it!

Here is my plan tomorrow evening i go to a place for dinner with my friend, where i know he drinks ok?
I meet him at the bar & I very politely offer him a drink, then I whisper in his ear "This is to celebrate a lowlife like you leaving my family as the only thing you had to offer my daughter was venereal disease!"
For those of you that will say he will tell her & she will be furious with me I will tell him if he does, I will approach his mother who is a vehement Christian with times & names of the tramps that he has been with!

NO, NO, NO, NO, Please no!

I am a lioness all right when it comes to my kid, but sometimes there are battles they need to fight for themselves, and sometimes WITH themselves that you cannot get involved in.

You didn't like this guy anyway. So if you want to go to the bar, by all means do so, but stay a good distance away and drink to GOOD RIDDANCE!

Revenge is not always the best medicine. I say count your lucky stars and leave him alone. He will get what's coming to him, never fear.

ITA! And as painful as this is for your daughter, it is such a valuable lesson for her- we have all been there at some point in our lives, and that is what makes us cherish and appreciate when we finally find the real thing!

It sounds like a good plan for now, but later on you might not be happy with what you said to him. I've said some pretty nasty things to my ex and now I wish I'd just let it go.. Good luck, I'm sure your daughter will easily get over that loser anyway. :biggrin:
Oh I know I have been in same posirion with ex! Unfortunately I think that is why my daughter took up with this loser, the old attachment thing for daughters when you don't have a father!!! UGH!!!!! all goes back to HIM!!!!!!

ITA! And as painful as this is for your daughter, it is such a valuable lesson for her- we have all been there at some point in our lives, and that is what makes us cherish and appreciate when we finally find the real thing!
I so hope she learns form this Jag & will find someone that will cherish her & that she deserves!

I would give it a few days then see how you feel. You are heated right now and it would probably be best to just let it go and spend the energy taking care of your daughter and doing nice things with her to help cheer her up. This creep is not worth wasting your breath! Your daughter will be okay. Just be glad it's over.

I am so sorry for your daughter. I would say... just let it go. She'll learn and grow from this experience, it happens to everyone. She'll be fine and he'll gets what due to him. Why do men only think about their penis?!!!! UGH!!! They're so gross!!!

NO, NO, NO, NO, Please no!

I am a lioness all right when it comes to my kid, but sometimes there are battles they need to fight for themselves, and sometimes WITH themselves that you cannot get involved in.

You didn't like this guy anyway. So if you want to go to the bar, by all means do so, but stay a good distance away and drink to GOOD RIDDANCE!
I know you are right I should keep my dignity & not even give this scum the time of day! Yes i am glad she is rid of him but hate him for what he has done to her!

I would give it a few days then see how you feel. You are heated right now and it would probably be best to just let it go and spend the energy taking care of your daughter and doing nice things with her to help cheer her up. This creep is not worth wasting your breath! Your daughter will be okay. Just be glad it's over.
So glad it's over but so sorry for her pain!

Roz, she will find that person someday. Right now all you can do is be there when she is ready to share her grief. I am a mom too and I think setting a good example is the best thing you can do for her long term.
Thanks NW, I so hope so she is such a good girl, cannot do enough for anyone, that is what made me so mad tonight that this loser could treat her so bad! Poor kid is sleeping now on the sofa, cried out, my heart is just breaking for her!