~~~ Calling Galliera PM Owners ~~~ a little help please! :)

Hi Sweet! :biggrin: I miss you hahaha... we talk like every week, but I still do. I am SO glad you are considering the Galliera. I have used mine once since I got it and I love it. I guess my only concerns about the bag in the future would be the microfiber interior and the vachetta edges. My bags tend to rub up against my clothes and color transfer happens. I hate that. Unlike Sophia, when I bent over to get my Blackberry when it dropped none of my contents fell out. I guess the only thing that would be prone to falling out is a cell phone if you have it in the cell pocket. I cannot wait to be able to get the GM, but I probably won't get it until around November/December. I am in NO rush... even though I love the Galliera style. GOOD LUCK with your decision Sweet... let me know what you choose! :biggrin:

I have been carrying this bag for about a week now. Until this bag, I had never personally cared for most of the mono line. For some reason, I had to get this bag. I think it's because it goes with everything and is casual (yet still looks great). I'm a SAHM with a very casual lifestyle, yet I feel it gives me a more "trendy" look, KWIM? I guess a downside I have (besides the vachetta) is that I wish it had more compartments. Then again, do any hobos? It can get difficult rummaging around in there for stuff. Really, though, I like how it's lightweight and stays close to the body. I also like that it actually FITS under my fat arms (hey, we can't all be a size 4). I ADORE the fact that it has feet and will actually sit on a counter without it all slouching over. So, all in all, I would definitely recommend this bag. It is by far the largest bag I've ever owned yet it somehow works. Good luck and HTH!

Amy

Hi Sweet! :biggrin: I miss you hahaha... we talk like every week, but I still do. I am SO glad you are considering the Galliera. I have used mine once since I got it and I love it. I guess my only concerns about the bag in the future would be the microfiber interior and the vachetta edges. My bags tend to rub up against my clothes and color transfer happens. I hate that. Unlike Sophia, when I bent over to get my Blackberry when it dropped none of my contents fell out. I guess the only thing that would be prone to falling out is a cell phone if you have it in the cell pocket. I cannot wait to be able to get the GM, but I probably won't get it until around November/December. I am in NO rush... even though I love the Galliera style. GOOD LUCK with your decision Sweet... let me know what you choose! :biggrin:

Hi K! Hope you had a great week! Yay weekend again huh?

Anyway, yeah this bag is really got me thinking ~ thanks for the input and hope you get your next dream bag soon;) :heart:

I have been carrying this bag for about a week now. Until this bag, I had never personally cared for most of the mono line. For some reason, I had to get this bag. I think it's because it goes with everything and is casual (yet still looks great). I'm a SAHM with a very casual lifestyle, yet I feel it gives me a more "trendy" look, KWIM? I guess a downside I have (besides the vachetta) is that I wish it had more compartments. Then again, do any hobos? It can get difficult rummaging around in there for stuff. Really, though, I like how it's lightweight and stays close to the body. I also like that it actually FITS under my fat arms (hey, we can't all be a size 4). I ADORE the fact that it has feet and will actually sit on a counter without it all slouching over. So, all in all, I would definitely recommend this bag. It is by far the largest bag I've ever owned yet it somehow works. Good luck and HTH!

Amy

Thank you, I do love hobo style bags! And there's alot of features on this bag that I love. Thanks again :smile:

The Galliera is LVoe! There is so much to love about this bag.

- The size is just perfect. I have the PM and it's big enough to carry almost everything we need in a day and then some.

- The straps are adjustable, makes it easy to wear the bag on the shoulder or on the arm.

- This bag just looks so chic! Casual and roomy without looking "too frumpy". Very stylish, and it has pretty details on it (the golden brass plate in front, the vachetta piping / trimming, brass rings, etc.) that make the bag interesting. Like what Amytude has mentioned above, the brass studs on the bottom does make a difference because they help the bag keep it's form when you lay it down on a table.

- Love how it slouches just like a regular hobo and yet it still has structure.

- Even if it only has a magnetic closure and not a zipper, I still feel secure that I'm not walking around with an open bag (even if I don't close it at all) because the bag sits close to my body and the bag opening is high up on my arm so it's almost impossible for anyone to just reach in my bag.

What don't I like? Maybe just the slight darkening on the vachetta where the brass rings touch it. It's not that noticeable though. I can't really think of a reason not to buy this bag! :smile:

I´m considering it. And lately I just havent been into shoulder bags even though I have quite a few:confused1: but I absolutely love this one!

But I have to put it on hold - I´m getting the Suhali lockit in blue later this year - I need this bag:P

I just bought it today :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:WONDER-FREAKIN'-FUL BAG! It's so beautiful that i'm afraid of getting the vachetta dirty, and that goes for the interior material of the bag too.

+ It's aesthetically pleasing (I guess that's what draws so many people to this model)
+ It's big! Great if you have a lot of things.
+ One shoulder strap = comfort.
+ Could be worn casual or formal.

- No zipper closure.
- Light interior fabric (!!! Absolutely frightened of staining it accidentally).

The negative aspects of this bag for me is not a big deal at all! I just love this bag (love at first sight), and I am so happy I bought it! It is worth every penny, I promise!

I bought this bag about a month ago and really love the style and shape of the bag! Its very comfortable on my shoulder so I can't complain about that the only thing that bothers me is that I'm a more zipper type girl and sometimes the snap doesn't really snap well when you have too much in the bag. Other than that, I really like it!

Hope that helps, and good luck with your decision!

I love the Galliera PM -- and I'm a Speedy girl at heart. This is the only mono shoulderbag that I've liked. Very easy to wear - it hugs against your side so nicely. It's perfect!

SweetPurple, I think this bag is one of the best LV bags!! This is my first LV purchase. I found it by calling the LV customer service number. I was directed to a store that had several in stock. I hesitated some, prior to seeing it in person. Once the Galliera PM arrived, it was even more beautiful and fashionable than I imagined.:tup: I have not used it yet, but I have certainly tried it on several times in the house. I am afraid of getting it dirty. It is just so pristine now!! I am going to keep it because it just too great a bag to pass up.

The positive points of the bag are that it is overall a beautiful handbag that is stylish, fits comfortably under your arm and has a style that is out of the norm for most LV mono bags. The negative points to me would only be the vachetta and light colored lining.