Calling all UK Chanel Fanatics......

ITA maria, I can't beleive an SA would actually laugh at a customer. That is just too rude. I would take a pic of the bag style and just show that SA how limited her knowledge is!!!!!

I was looking for the "kelly" style in the botique on Bond street and the SA lady ( Asian lady, who I don't remember her name) was laughting AT me because she thought I was suppose to go to Hermes not CHANEL. I found that was very roude and felt that she was not educated enought to think before acting. Even if I would have been wrong, but I wasn't, I didn't feel that I was there to educate her so I did not purchase any single item from her.

Rude..rude..rude..:tdown:
I don't know if it was the same asian SA you were talking about.. But when I was there twice, I only saw one asian SA. And she was really rude to the customer she was attending to!!
Oh, maybe I shouldn't even use the word "attending" cos she wasn't! She practically gave the customer the sunglasses she wanted to try on (with an attitude..), ignored her and if that is not enough..continued giving her a :cursing: look & attitude to the lady!! She later muttered something to her colleague in French.. :tdown:

Yes the Asian one at Sloane St is rude, I would never buy from her, friendly conversation with her was a non starter, she just looked away and stared off into space, GRRRRRRRRR

Ask for Rachel instead, she is really nice and doesn't have an attitude problem.

I have just had a very interesting experience. Having found Chanel SAs largely cold and unhelpful in London, I contacted the Troy branch of Neiman Marcus and, on the recommendation of a lovely TPFer, spoke to Lisa Hamlin. She is just amazing - friendly, knowledgable, professional and efficient. I am now awaiting delivery of my first ever Chanel bag and couldn't be happier. There is just no excuse for the sort of indifferent, frosty service that I have experienced in London - Lisa sets the standard that should be . . . well, standard!

Yes the Asian one at Sloane St is rude, I would never buy from her, friendly conversation with her was a non starter, she just looked away and stared off into space, GRRRRRRRRR

Ask for Rachel instead, she is really nice and doesn't have an attitude problem.
Is that Asian lady pretty old. If so I know the one you mean, and she's fierce man!! Caroline at Sloane Street is ok. I also found the staff at Brompton Road to be very helpful and the Heathrow ladies (in particular Louise) are very lovely.

I have just had a very interesting experience. Having found Chanel SAs largely cold and unhelpful in London, I contacted the Troy branch of Neiman Marcus and, on the recommendation of a lovely TPFer, spoke to Lisa Hamlin. She is just amazing - friendly, knowledgable, professional and efficient. I am now awaiting delivery of my first ever Chanel bag and couldn't be happier. There is just no excuse for the sort of indifferent, frosty service that I have experienced in London - Lisa sets the standard that should be . . . well, standard!

Congrats on your first Chanel! What did you order?

Would you mind posting an update when you receive it? I'm curious about postage and custom charges. I ordered from Nordstrom in the past (only jeans though) but not from NM.

Chanalbaby,
When I was at Sloane St, I was attended by an asian SA..she's young, tall & slim..(I have to check the receipt again for her name).
And she is soooo nice!!:tup: I really went out of the store a satisfied customer! ;)
So I really hope it's not her you were talking about..
Anyway, the first sight of her, I thought she wasn't cos she just looked so neutral..no smile but not frowning either.
But the moment she attended me, my impression totally changed cos she's not only helpful but also very patience, courteous & professional.:yes:
She even advised me not to buy on impulse (cos the one that I wanted was out-of-stock, and she could see I was considering another one tho it wasn't what I really wanted - but she finally managed to find one for me in the end..!).

It was a vast difference from the SA who attended to me at Bond Street.. - unhelpful, impatient(cos I was checking the bag), & just want to finish the sale quickly!:tdown:

What did you all expect from the high-end boutique service is not available here in London. I know that some SAs are really nice but I would say that you will rarely find them. It is not the nature of people here to be like that as I think Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and etc SAs are so much better. I don't know why. :sad:

Last few years ago I went to visit Chanel boutique at least once a week and I am a regularly customer and I always bought something back home. Lately, I didn't go to visit Chanel boutique that often as the past .I am very boring with how SAs act. I'm still young and they seem to think I have no money to spend.

I feel really bad when I found that I know about Chanel collection more than the SAs in the boutique. Bad""""Bad""""Bad""""" ............

Congrats on your first Chanel! What did you order?

Would you mind posting an update when you receive it? I'm curious about postage and custom charges. I ordered from Nordstrom in the past (only jeans though) but not from NM.

I ordered a medium Black Ultimate Soft. Postage was a flat $40 which didn't seem huge to me considering how far it is going to travel. I know customs may well add a lot but I regularly buy from the States and sometimes it is just worth it anyway. I think this was one of those moments! I have been told delivery will be about 8-10 days, but we'll see. I'll let you know!

I ordered a medium Black Ultimate Soft. Postage was a flat $40 which didn't seem huge to me considering how far it is going to travel. I know customs may well add a lot but I regularly buy from the States and sometimes it is just worth it anyway. I think this was one of those moments! I have been told delivery will be about 8-10 days, but we'll see. I'll let you know!

Can't wait to see some pics! $40 p&p is pretty good, I have a Hermes scarf on the way from US and FedEx international economy was $57 :wtf: priority was even more expensive! I'm sure I'll have to pay the customs as well but it was one of those times for me as well.