Calling all MAC addicts!!! Pull up a chair & spill your guts...

For me its that way the brand represnets expressing your individual style and personality
I love how every color and idea anyone has with make up is found there
plus I have only foind a couple of colors that don't look god on me , all the others look great with my skin tone - which is also a bad thing because I have way more MAC that any person really needs

I blame Dazzleglasses, because they are gloss and oh so sparkly - a lethal combination for me. :winkiss: I have some lipsticks, lipglasses, eye shadows (MAC always seems to have such interesting and vibrant shades), and mineral stuff too (love the mineralized goodies), but my eyes kind of glaze over when a collection has new dazzleglasses! :heart:

I have two Dazzleglasses already! Moth to a Flame - love it! Date Night - love the color! I think I'm a lippy junkie anyway - it's very rare that I'll run out of a lipstick but with these I think the possibility is greater! Good to know that there new Dazzleglasses get introduced!

Loquita - I am asian and I also find it difficult to find my colors. I can't wait to go this weekend to find out if, for example, Tempting e/s will be good for me. It looks so pretty!

Semi-recovering MAC semi-addict who's clearly overthought this, reporting!
Reason I stopped, mostly: the aforementioned small fortune, the sheer volume of what I amassed. Also, as a generally indecisive person, having to choose between about fifteen shades of "medium brown" on a rushed Monday morning started stressing me out.

(Given the funds and enough photos of the new collections though, I'd still be all over it. Clearly, recovery is a slow process :nuts:)

pigby - Just wondering: did you ever get through the sheer volume of your purchases? I never know when make up has gone bad. I usually throw out something that dried up or I never use.

I can relate about the fifteen shades of "medium brown" :biggrin:

I agree with choozen1ne's statement about MAC representing individual style and personality. MAC seems to be all about defying conventions and embracing your inner makeup artist.
MAC may not be the cheapest in the world, but they seem to be less expensive than some of the other department store brands.
MAC has a wide array of colors and finishes.
MAC eyeshadows have awesome staying power.
MAC has products such as Dazzleglass and Starflash eyeshadows that other cosmetic companies simply can't match.

pigby - Just wondering: did you ever get through the sheer volume of your purchases? I never know when make up has gone bad. I usually throw out something that dried up or I never use.

I can relate about the fifteen shades of "medium brown" :biggrin:

Yes! Sort of, anyway :biggrin:

I can't bring myself to throw away newish makeup, so I gave or swapped away the products that I kept trying to bond with but never did (Nocturnelle, I'm looking at you). After that, I adopted the infamous one-in-one-out policy, which has worked unexpectedly well-- the first time I hit pan, I almost passed out from shock. Plus, B2M is surprisingly addictive too :nuts:

I have been addicted to MAC ever since I first started to wear makeup. I still remember my first e/s: Mulch! I love it because it is inexpensive, the color range is AMAZING, good quality, they come out with new collections frequently, they have a recycling program and work often with charities, probably 90% of the makeup artists/sales people are always super friendly and rarely snobby...and they send to listen to customer feedback a lot, especially when it comes to repromoting a limited edition item, etc...

The only downside: they never have gift with purchases like other brands do! :smile:

Loquita, great thread!

I am a MAC newbie. Actually, I only started playing with color a couple of years ago and I'm older than 35! I've been experimenting with other lines but since MAC is not sold at Sephora, I didn't venture in until 2 weeks ago!

So in the last 2 weeks, I've purchased an eyeliner, a lip liner and 5 lippies! I did have an MA help me then with e/s but I didn't buy any. Why? Don't know, but I'm going back to get some this weekend!

I'm hooked!

Glad you like the thread!! I am fascinated with everyone's answers, too...and you MUST try the eyeshadows...along with the lipglosses and lippies, they are my favorite part (oops...I forgot that my others faves are the lipliners and the eyeliners and the brushes...and...)

See what I mean?

It's never-ending. :wacko:

For me its that way the brand represnets expressing your individual style and personality
I love how every color and idea anyone has with make up is found there
plus I have only foind a couple of colors that don't look god on me , all the others look great with my skin tone - which is also a bad thing because I have way more MAC that any person really needs

Well-said...ITA about the individual style that the brand expresses, and that it encourages consumers to express. What else can you say about a brand that has had people of all colors, shapes, genders, sexual orientations, and sizes as spokespeople? :tup:

I've been using MAC since 92 and for me its just the quality. Yes they are a little pricey. i love all the fresh colors they bring out. i think the only thing i dont use of theirs is the mascara. but i love MAC. i will never use anything else. Funny cos the other day i was at the store on base and i walked past the hip eyeliner pots, thought one of the colors was cute..then i was like for that price i can go to MAC and spend the same amount on the same thing. I would rather go MAC!!!!

Word. The mascara's not my fave but everything else is!!!

And the quality is freaking amazing. I can't find any other lipglosses with anywhere near lipglasses' staying power, for example. And I love the way that the MAs teach you to think outside the box in terms of color combos, etc.

I have been addicted to MAC ever since I first started to wear makeup. I still remember my first e/s: Mulch! I love it because it is inexpensive, the color range is AMAZING, good quality, they come out with new collections frequently, they have a recycling program and work often with charities, probably 90% of the makeup artists/sales people are always super friendly and rarely snobby...and they send to listen to customer feedback a lot, especially when it comes to repromoting a limited edition item, etc...

The only downside: they never have gift with purchases like other brands do! :smile:

ITA with all the points that you cite...and just imagine how crazy it could get if they actually started doing gifts with purchase or even (I DIE) a rewards points program for frequent flyers like us!!! :nuts:

(Kinda like Sephora does).

Maybe we should start an email campaign suggesting this? Hmmmm? :graucho:

I agree 100% with everything posted here, and I love that MAC has something for everyone for example I'm an nw45/nc50 at mac and I have friends that are nc15/25 and 30 and most of us have the same e/s colours! they look fabulous on all of us. Their brushes are suberb quality!!!:biggrin:

So true. I am quite olive and never shy away from trying the colors that I see on black, asian, or white women wearing if I like them. It's just a question of finding the right mix and playing with the color so that it looks good on you. (Which is half the fun, IMO).

Sheer genius!

I would love to take a peek at a brain-storming session for new colors at MAC's creative offices. :drool:

I blame Dazzleglasses, because they are gloss and oh so sparkly - a lethal combination for me. :winkiss: I have some lipsticks, lipglasses, eye shadows (MAC always seems to have such interesting and vibrant shades), and mineral stuff too (love the mineralized goodies), but my eyes kind of glaze over when a collection has new dazzleglasses! :heart:

rubyjuls, you have become an RM and a MAC enabler for me!!! ;)

I must check out the Dazzleglasses, because believe it or not, I don't have a single one. But like you, I am a sucker for anything high-gloss and sparkly.

(Runs to MAC website and continues to ignore work). Heh heh...

^ Yay! I love enabling people (especially when it comes to RMs). :biggrin:

I cannot believe you have no dazzleglasses. That is like sacrilege. We need to get your your blingy lipgloss stat!

^ Yay! I love enabling people (especially when it comes to RMs). :biggrin:

I cannot believe you have no dazzleglasses. That is like sacrilege. We need to get your your blingy lipgloss stat!

Tee hee...I already picked a few out that I want to look at the next time I am at the mall... :shame:

Someone STOP ME!!! :nuts:

(Well, I would really prefer that you didn't, TBH).