Calling all ebay experts...Advice please, please, PLEASE!!

I am not asking for the seller to cover my return shipping. I want my entire payment made at purchase refunded after the seller receives the item, that includes original shipping cost. I want the seller to commit to the entire amount before I send the item back. Like I said, this was the sellers mistake, why should I have to lose more than the return shipping on a their mistake.

I could let it go, but don't want to. I'm tired of letting it go. Seller's need to take responsibility, they do everywhere else, why should ebay be any different?

Update!

I have filed a dispute and will let you know how it turns out. This situation has led to me learning some things about ebay and paypal that I wasn't aware of previously.
I will fill you all in later to share what I've learned.

Thank you to those of you that were nice enough to post.

I agree with filing on Paypal to protect both you and her.

Also, YOU paid to have the item sent, therefore no extra cost should have incurred on HER part. You are entitled to a refund for the full amount of the purchase (item + s&h). Good luck!

Update!

I have filed a dispute and will let you know how it turns out. This situation has led to me learning some things about ebay and paypal that I wasn't aware of previously.
I will fill you all in later to share what I've learned.

Thank you to those of you that were nice enough to post.

I'm glad you decided to file a claim with PayPal. This way you will be covered in case the seller for some unknown reason doesn't fulfill their agreement made outside of PayPal. Can't wait to hear what you learned! I learned some things about PayPal myself when I was dealing with my claim. Basically they make their own rules! lol Hope everything works out for you and keep us posted!

Vicki :dothewave:

Thanks Vicki!

It is absolutely to protect myself. Really, even if the seller was agreeable from the getgo.... once the item leaves my hands and goes back to the seller I would have to hope and trust the seller would refund. Well, I'm sorry, trust and strangers do not mix with me. I could be dealing with the most honest person, but if there is a resource is there to help me then I will use it. I am glad I took the time to research and think and be smart about it.

Paypal definitely has their guidelines and I'm gonna follow them to get my money back which I deserve!:biguns:

Bella I just read this whole thread and I'm so sorry you've had to deal with this. I totally understand you wanting to stick to your guns... I personally have backed down to people on Ebay and regret doing it now, I'm not sure what I was scared of anyway! :shrugs: I think the Paypal filing was a smart idea. Let us know how it turns out, we're rooting for you! :dothewave:

I have sold and bought a lot on ebay. I know its frustrating (I've been there) but you never get the shipping back. If you make too much of a case about this with the buyer you risk getting left negative feedback...its not worth it.

I am not asking for the seller to cover my return shipping. I want my entire payment made at purchase refunded after the seller receives the item, that includes original shipping cost. I want the seller to commit to the entire amount before I send the item back. Like I said, this was the sellers mistake, why should I have to lose more than the return shipping on a their mistake.

I could let it go, but don't want to. I'm tired of letting it go. Seller's need to take responsibility, they do everywhere else, why should ebay be any different?

I agree with you. I know the seller knew the item was defective but they tried to get away with it. You should get all your shipping costs refunded. I hope the seller does the right thing.

Bella I just read this whole thread and I'm so sorry you've had to deal with this. I totally understand you wanting to stick to your guns... I personally have backed down to people on Ebay and regret doing it now, I'm not sure what I was scared of anyway! :shrugs: I think the Paypal filing was a smart idea. Let us know how it turns out, we're rooting for you! :dothewave:

Thank you TTucker! I very much appreciate the support. As with you, I have my share of regrets. This really is about the principle. I will keep you all updated as I think sharing with each other our experiences with ebay and paypal are invaluable.

This is a very expensive bag. I wouldn't jeopardize the refund by arguing about the shipping.

I was going to say the same thing, it seems youre concerned with getting the shipping fee you paid back... You can try to email the seller nicely asking for it, but dont say anything to jeopordize your entire refund.

Have you sent the item back yet? If you file a SNAD, you will only get you money from Paypal AND the CC company if you have proof that you sent the item back to the buyer. (email him and request his correct address)... thats the only way, ive been in your shoes before.. its hard to get your shipping fee back, just take it as a loss and get the refund.. dont annoy the seller and make him/her less forthcoming with the refund.

I personally think you should try and recover every penny! She is at fault for not fully inspecting the bag. For the kind of money she should have! I would stand firm and request all back.

I have sold and bought a lot on ebay. I know its frustrating (I've been there) but you never get the shipping back. If you make too much of a case about this with the buyer you risk getting left negative feedback...its not worth it.

Per paypal's user agreement.... if a buyer chooses to send an item back to a seller it is at their own cost. If a full refund is issued, a buyer most certainly will receive a full refund including original shipping cost. Unless, a lesser amount is mutually agreed upon.

Your last statement is exactly why I take seeing 100% positive feedback with a grain of salt. Some ebayers are so concerned with that perfect number that they will compromise what is right. That goes for buyer and seller... I know, I've done it. I would bet we all have. With that said, to each their own..... we all pick our battles.

Not sure if you've considered this, but it's not often that buyers win SNAD claims with paypal. They'll just say it's your word against the seller's. And they more often then not (from what I've read anyway), they usually side with the seller in such cases. So tread carefully as you might not get anything back at all. :sad:

Best of luck!

Not sure if you've considered this, but it's not often that buyers win SNAD claims with paypal. They'll just say it's your word against the seller's. And they more often then not (from what I've read anyway), they usually side with the seller in such cases. So tread carefully as you might not get anything back at all. :sad:

Best of luck!

Thanks! Well, thankfully in this case I have multiple emails from her stating she is agreeable to a refund.

BUT, what if I didn't? Would the better thing to have done is go through the CC??

Best of luck!

I just had my first PayPal claim not too long ago and it was about the same issue(shipping). Anyway, PayPal decided in favor of the buyer. I don't know if that is common, but I definitely didn't win mine. Refunding the shipping was the right thing to do anyway, the item I sold him turned out to be defective. The only reason it escalated so far was because the guy was being a real jerk and sending me threatening emails, etc. So I figured I'd let PayPal decide....and he won. So PayPal doesn't always decide in favor of the seller. In fact, I called PayPal to ask how they decide because my listing stated that refunds are issued less shipping. I was told that they do not decide based off of what the listing says. BellaFiore will probably win her dispute, as she should.