Calling all Dentists or Oral H!!

Hey Meg,

I'm an md - not a dentist. Sounds like you have gum inflammation or recession. You might try swishing some listerine. Also, try an oral anti-inflammatory like aleve, motrin, advil, etc., which should help with the pain and soreness. Ambesol might be helpful too. Try not to eat anything crunchy or with sharp edges until it resolves.

jm

If it is starting to get better you are moving in the right direction! But, if by Monday it seems to worsen (which I will bet it won't) you might want to consider an appointment with your DDS.

Hi Megs,
Just seen your post...
I am a dentist, though I dont practice anymore...
But I think you really need to see your dentist
to have your gums properly checked and treated.
sometimes we develop pockets around our tooth and food debris
tend to get trapped inside and would cause irritation, swelling redness and pain.
The only way to treat this is for the dentist to do a deep cleaning on your teeth,
and with some mouth wash that will be prescribed you will feel better right away.
all I can give you at the moment are lots of HUGS!!!! and more hugs!!!:heart:
See your dentist... get well soon!!!:flowers:

^ Thank you Sarsi- I think this is what I need because it still really hurts!!!!!! I am going to call first thing in the morning because it is still bugging me and pretty red :sad:

Saw a dentist finally!! :yahoo: He said I probably just cut it or irritated it- did not find anything in the gum. So he prescribed me Periodontic (I think that is the name) wash and said to wait a few days to see how it is...

Best part was McDentist was McHot! Hehe... he had beautiful blue eyes!!! :shame:

Thanks for the help everyone!!!