Calling all cosmetic pouch owners: how's your cosmetic pouch?

Lc4x4

Feb 6, 2011
Questions:

How long have you had it?

Did it stain inside and outside? ( pics if possible:sad: )

Hows the condition? other irregularities?

I am planning to get the cosmetic pouch with the totally pm in azur. But does it stain easily?

Thanks

I don't own a cosmetic pouch and was seriously considering getting one a few months ago. I changed my mind after seeing lots of pictures of used ones with peeling insides. From what I saw it appears that they don't really hold up too well - so I decided to get one from Victoria Secret for now. Curious to see what others say.

I've had mine since October 2008 and it's still in "like new" condition. And yes, I suppose you can say it's "washable", the lining is manmade and I remove makeup residue with babywipes :smile: the material isn't that fond of humidity though. Not a problem where I live, but items from Japanese resellers for example are often in a not-so-pristine condition (ETA: like the poster before me mentioned, the material tends to "peel" and become sticky)

I've had mine since October 2008 and it's still in "like new" condition. And yes, I suppose you can say it's "washable", the lining is manmade and I remove makeup residue with babywipes :smile: the material isn't that fond of humidity though. Not a problem where I live, but items from Japanese resellers for example are often in a not-so-pristine condition (ETA: like the poster before me mentioned, the material tends to "peel" and become sticky)

Thanks! So its not vachetta? Its like a washable leather thing? I really tend to stain my cosmetic bags with lipstick, lipgloss, chapstick, powder and Eye liner. I am going to get it with the Totally PM. Thanks again!

Thanks! So its not vachetta? Its like a washable leather thing? I really tend to stain my cosmetic bags with lipstick, lipgloss, chapstick, powder and Eye liner. I am going to get it with the Totally PM. Thanks again!

It is not leather and is a material called vuttionite similar to vinyl.

I have a pochette cosmetique in monogram. I have had it for quite a while...several years, at least. I carry it in my bag at all times, and use it almost daily. The only wear it shows is the little leather tab on the side has curled a bit and has darkened (as all vachetta will do). The inside is pristine. No issues at all! And I have stuffed it full at times. I have never tried to "wash" the inside, because it has never gotten dirty.

Lc4x4 said:

Nope, the only vachetta parts are the tabs on the sides. I definitely think you should get one! :smile:

I have an azur cosmetic pouch and have had it for about a year. I use it every single day and it's still in excellent condition. No stains, no scratches. It's one of my all time favorite LV purchases. I highly recommend it.

I have a pomme d'amour cosmetic pouch and have had it for 6 months. No stains or marks, and the inside can be wiped out with baby wipes.

Only issue is, if you pack it really full, the zip can curl a bit... so you probably can't fit as much as you would in a damier or mono version. I still love it though - its so pretty!

I have one in damier, love it! It fits a lot and no issues! :smile:

I also have one in rose pop vernis (different shape) but it has little peel .... I only use it as a room decor now, I'm afraid to carry it anymore. Sticking with mono or damier..

But I almost bought black mc cosmetic few days ago, since my damier still look brand new after using it for over a year, I got mc wallet instead!

I've had the Azur one for years and use it whenever I use my Azur bag, basically March through August on an everyday basis and it is otherwise perfect, but there is a tiny make-up stain on the zipper material. It is washable inside. I love it, but the zipper area is slightly delicate, since the material is so light.