Calling all cosmetic pouch owners: how's your cosmetic pouch?

Lc4x4

Feb 6, 2011
Questions:

How long have you had it?

Did it stain inside and outside? ( pics if possible:sad: )

Hows the condition? other irregularities?

I am planning to get the cosmetic pouch with the totally pm in azur. But does it stain easily?

Thanks

RealHouseWife1

The Universe Guru
O.G.
May 23, 2011
Houston, TX
www.youtube.com
I don't own a cosmetic pouch and was seriously considering getting one a few months ago. I changed my mind after seeing lots of pictures of used ones with peeling insides. From what I saw it appears that they don't really hold up too well - so I decided to get one from Victoria Secret for now. Curious to see what others say.

MsFrida

O.G.
May 13, 2008
I've had mine since October 2008 and it's still in "like new" condition. And yes, I suppose you can say it's "washable", the lining is manmade and I remove makeup residue with babywipes :smile: the material isn't that fond of humidity though. Not a problem where I live, but items from Japanese resellers for example are often in a not-so-pristine condition (ETA: like the poster before me mentioned, the material tends to "peel" and become sticky)

Lc4x4

Feb 6, 2011
I've had mine since October 2008 and it's still in "like new" condition. And yes, I suppose you can say it's "washable", the lining is manmade and I remove makeup residue with babywipes :smile: the material isn't that fond of humidity though. Not a problem where I live, but items from Japanese resellers for example are often in a not-so-pristine condition (ETA: like the poster before me mentioned, the material tends to "peel" and become sticky)
Thanks! So its not vachetta? Its like a washable leather thing? I really tend to stain my cosmetic bags with lipstick, lipgloss, chapstick, powder and Eye liner. I am going to get it with the Totally PM. Thanks again!

pinki682

have it! keep it!
O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
My last one was from 2004 and it is still like new. Mine have never peeled, but it maybe due to the way it was stored in a cool dry place. HTH

pinki682

have it! keep it!
O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
Thanks! So its not vachetta? Its like a washable leather thing? I really tend to stain my cosmetic bags with lipstick, lipgloss, chapstick, powder and Eye liner. I am going to get it with the Totally PM. Thanks again!
It is not leather and is a material called vuttionite similar to vinyl.

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
United States
I have a pochette cosmetique in monogram. I have had it for quite a while...several years, at least. I carry it in my bag at all times, and use it almost daily. The only wear it shows is the little leather tab on the side has curled a bit and has darkened (as all vachetta will do). The inside is pristine. No issues at all! And I have stuffed it full at times. I have never tried to "wash" the inside, because it has never gotten dirty.

MsFrida

O.G.
May 13, 2008
Lc4x4 said:
Nope, the only vachetta parts are the tabs on the sides. I definitely think you should get one! :smile:

docswifey

O.G.
Oct 24, 2008
Oregon
Did they discontinue the Damier one because I can't see it online?

I'm interested in purchasing one too. Thanks for the thread, op!

wild child

Aug 8, 2006
Rainy City
I have an azur cosmetic pouch and have had it for about a year. I use it every single day and it's still in excellent condition. No stains, no scratches. It's one of my all time favorite LV purchases. I highly recommend it.

needlv

O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
Australia
I have a pomme d'amour cosmetic pouch and have had it for 6 months. No stains or marks, and the inside can be wiped out with baby wipes.

Only issue is, if you pack it really full, the zip can curl a bit... so you probably can't fit as much as you would in a damier or mono version. I still love it though - its so pretty!

sophia618

O.G.
Jun 30, 2006
it's always summer here!
I have one in damier, love it! It fits a lot and no issues! :smile:

I also have one in rose pop vernis (different shape) but it has little peel .... I only use it as a room decor now, I'm afraid to carry it anymore. Sticking with mono or damier..

But I almost bought black mc cosmetic few days ago, since my damier still look brand new after using it for over a year, I got mc wallet instead!

Louis III

Jul 8, 2008
I've had the Azur one for years and use it whenever I use my Azur bag, basically March through August on an everyday basis and it is otherwise perfect, but there is a tiny make-up stain on the zipper material. It is washable inside. I love it, but the zipper area is slightly delicate, since the material is so light.