Calling all Bayswater Lovers

Sep 29, 2008
I have been drooling over the Bayswater for month's now.
But do not know for sure whether its my kind of bag !
I am so used to " Shoulder Bags ", never been used to carrying a bag on my arm.
Do you find the bayswater comfortable to carry on the shoulder?are the handles long enough?
What are its good & bad points

I know lots of you ladies have this bag & would be grateful for any comments you have.

Thanks a lot.
Sue
xx

Hi Mrs SS

(smiling) I possibly speak with some authority/love for this subject as the owner of more-than-a-few Bays!

I simply adore the shape/size/design of the Bays - to me it is both a grown-up/smart bag as well as being a casual/funky jeans style. To me its a bag that suits most occasions.

I love that it is not gimmicky or a bling bag - and I know I will never/ever grow tired of the shape.

Im lucky in that I find it very comfortable on my shoulders even with a coat - I find it stays put and does not slip off.

I love the postmans lock - I love the suede lining...............I love everything about Bays!

Its a good shape/size as a "useful" bag...........not over big but not small.

Do you have a colour in mind?

I am a guy and I love Bayswater. The design is timeless and the leather is gorgeous. Depending on the size of your arms though if you want to carry it on your shoulder but I bring it around by hand or shoulder.

Try it in the shops...don't procastinate.

I, too, love the Bays style. It took me a short while to get used to carrying it on my arm, but now that I know how to do it, I love it!

I agree with everything Ellie said with the exception of the bit about fitting over the shoulder with a coat on. I can wear the Bays on my shoulder without a coat but not with. I think this is primarily due to the fact that I'm a size 16 at the moment! I'm sure if I were thinner it would fit better.

All that said, I don't actually have occasion to carry it around much anyway - most of the time it's tucked safely in the shopping trolley seat or hooked onto the pram.

I too have rather a lot of Bayswaters , they are definitely my favourite Mulberry style . I can easily fit mine over my shoulders with and without a thick coat . I'm a UK 12 /US 8 and 5'3" .

I can carry Bays over the shoulder with or without coat quite easily. I find I hook the outer strap over the inner whilst on the shoulder for extra stability - if that makes sense at all!

Im also a shoulder bag girl and my bays fit more then good enough on my shoulder. Never got used to carrying a bag on my arm, whenever I try it always end up on my shoulder :biggrin:
I love, love, love my bays :yahoo:

I have a Bays addiction but I actually don't find them comfortable to carry!! I don't like the look of them on my shoulder and prefer to carry them on my arm. However, I am a tiny build and I find that my arm aches after a while! Sometimes if I have short sleeves and bare arms, I end up with a red mark on my arm! Maybe I am carrying too much in it!! It's definitely a bag that you need to try out and see if it suits you, especially if you're used to shoulder bags, as it may annoy you.