Calling all Bayswater Lovers

Sep 29, 2008
kent
I have been drooling over the Bayswater for month's now.
But do not know for sure whether its my kind of bag !
I am so used to " Shoulder Bags ", never been used to carrying a bag on my arm.
Do you find the bayswater comfortable to carry on the shoulder?are the handles long enough?
What are its good & bad points

I know lots of you ladies have this bag & would be grateful for any comments you have.

Thanks a lot.
Sue
xx

Mulberry Ellie

'Ells Bells!!!
O.G.
Feb 15, 2009
Cotswolds, UK
Hi Mrs SS

(smiling) I possibly speak with some authority/love for this subject as the owner of more-than-a-few Bays!

I simply adore the shape/size/design of the Bays - to me it is both a grown-up/smart bag as well as being a casual/funky jeans style. To me its a bag that suits most occasions.

I love that it is not gimmicky or a bling bag - and I know I will never/ever grow tired of the shape.

Im lucky in that I find it very comfortable on my shoulders even with a coat - I find it stays put and does not slip off.

I love the postmans lock - I love the suede lining...............I love everything about Bays!

Its a good shape/size as a "useful" bag...........not over big but not small.

Do you have a colour in mind?

nielnielniel

Lovin the British!
May 12, 2009
DDB Far East
www.nagaddb.com.my
I am a guy and I love Bayswater. The design is timeless and the leather is gorgeous. Depending on the size of your arms though if you want to carry it on your shoulder but I bring it around by hand or shoulder.

Try it in the shops...don't procastinate.

klp0213

Sep 2, 2008
Northern Ireland
I, too, love the Bays style. It took me a short while to get used to carrying it on my arm, but now that I know how to do it, I love it!

I agree with everything Ellie said with the exception of the bit about fitting over the shoulder with a coat on. I can wear the Bays on my shoulder without a coat but not with. I think this is primarily due to the fact that I'm a size 16 at the moment! I'm sure if I were thinner it would fit better.

All that said, I don't actually have occasion to carry it around much anyway - most of the time it's tucked safely in the shopping trolley seat or hooked onto the pram.

Flossie

Apr 14, 2007
I too have rather a lot of Bayswaters , they are definitely my favourite Mulberry style . I can easily fit mine over my shoulders with and without a thick coat . I'm a UK 12 /US 8 and 5'3" .

JJB

Nov 24, 2008
I can carry Bays over the shoulder with or without coat quite easily. I find I hook the outer strap over the inner whilst on the shoulder for extra stability - if that makes sense at all!

Megana_

May 7, 2009
Norway
Im also a shoulder bag girl and my bays fit more then good enough on my shoulder. Never got used to carrying a bag on my arm, whenever I try it always end up on my shoulder :biggrin:
I love, love, love my bays :yahoo:

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
England, UK
I have a Bays addiction but I actually don't find them comfortable to carry!! I don't like the look of them on my shoulder and prefer to carry them on my arm. However, I am a tiny build and I find that my arm aches after a while! Sometimes if I have short sleeves and bare arms, I end up with a red mark on my arm! Maybe I am carrying too much in it!! It's definitely a bag that you need to try out and see if it suits you, especially if you're used to shoulder bags, as it may annoy you.

hulahoop

Hula O'Hoop
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
UK
^^^ Im interested to see what I make of it.. its between this and mabel hobo at the minute.

mssw157

Apr 24, 2009
Dublin
I totally agree with Ellie's "love song to Bays"....:biggrin: It's style I will keep adding to my collection and which I don't grow tired of.