calling alexa owners...

this is my reply from my wardrobe, i dont think they know when they are getting more to be honest!

"Thank you for your email. We can certainly exchange the item for you but as we don’t have any in stock I would be unable to reserve one for you. As we don’t yet have an ETA for the next delivery of Alexas, it might be better to return the other one for a refund and then purchase the Alexa when it comes in so you are not waiting for your refund"

This is exactly what they told me when I rang. I'm not prepared to let this one go and risk not getting the oak, which I'm not 100% convinced of anyway. OL is sitting in the lounge on the footstool and the more I see of her the more smitten I am. But I think I'm in danger of my heart ruling my head. It's just that I'm not convinced that she goes with my dress style. I wear lots of East, Per Una, Monsoon and we caravan in the countryside in south Devon for two weeks out of every month from March to November. Do you get where I'm coming from?

This is exactly what they told me when I rang. I'm not prepared to let this one go and risk not getting the oak, which I'm not 100% convinced of anyway. OL is sitting in the lounge on the footstool and the more I see of her the more smitten I am. But I think I'm in danger of my heart ruling my head. It's just that I'm not convinced that she goes with my dress style. I wear lots of East, Per Una, Monsoon and we caravan in the countryside in south Devon for two weeks out of every month from March to November. Do you get where I'm coming from?

this was my exact thinking!!
right go and get a few key items on (start with plain stuff), then put you bag on and then look in the mirror and wear around the house!! i got soooo many compliments carrying mine today! put all your belongs in it and make it feel like YOUR bag, and take the clear protective stuff off the front.... you will be surprise that doing all this will change your opinon! it did mine!

yeah try it, it mad a HUGE difference to how i felt about it! ive seen past the leather and the gold hardware and can see its beauty now. its a luxury alexa but its also a classic to :smile:

Teddie, Ikwym. I also ordered OL alexa from my wardrobe and a lot of my clothes are quite bright and patterned (think Boden, Topshop etc). From a sensible perspective the tan or the ink would have been wearable with the majority of my clothes. OL alexa will be limited to my grey jeans, black jeans, blue jeans, blue denim mini, black trousers and red trousers all worn with plain colour tops/cardis. In summary OL alexa suits about 10-20% of my stuff. Tan or Ink would have suited about 80%-90% of my clothes. But, the OL Alexa just blows me away. I love the look of the bag so much. I would not feel as excited with ink or tan, so what can I do, lol? I rationalised that this bag costs a heck of a lot of money so for me it is more important that my heart skips a beat when I look at it than it is for the bag to match most of my clothes. I would rather a bag I adore but have to dress with it in mind than a bag that goes with everything but does not feel so exciting to me. As someone else said, the OL is pretty special and it is amazing to have got something so fab with such a great discount. That does not happen often, lol.
Also, tbh given the bag is so expensive I will not be looking to wear it everyday anyway so it does not matter so much not go with everything. I also plan on doing the same as BMB and buying some scarves that look great with it.

In fact, BMB, if you are reading, what colours/styles did you go for i'd be interested to know, lol?

I hope you can follow this rambling post and that it makes some sense, lol.....

today i wore skinny jeans, brown boots black long cardi and brown with gold threads scarf! ive bought today some brown, moca and black scarfs. and the a couple to go with my putty bays! im so sad about my bays, it was sooo uncomfortable on to carry yesterday!

think the alex would look good with most colours through to be honest!! :smile:

Thanks IWaNB, I do follow your rambling post. It makes a lot of sense. Trouble is I already have bags which I don't use as an everyday bag, snakeskin Mabel, Python Roxy, Black patent Bays, a couple of metallics. If I'm spending a lot of money on another bag I'd like to be able to use it often. I'll have to take it to my wardrobes and see how much it rules out I think.

Ahh, that is understandable then Teddie. For me, OL Alexa is my only 'statement' bag, my drew mini and cerise daria match lots of my stuff so are very much my 'grab and go' bags. Alexa will be my 'treat' bag that I enjoy dressing up for!

BMB, your scarves sound great, I will defo be looking for some too. I love my grey skinnies and reckon she will look v. rock n roll with them. I also love that she will look equally good with black or brown boots. And with a little black dress!

i just need to know how to protect my bag now!! do i use collonil waterstop? or something else, any suggestions would be great!

i would out today and it started to snow a little and i run for cover!!

JL and boros didnt have any collonil!!!

On another thread, Birkin girl reported that she spoke to Mulberry today who said to use Collonil Lack polish on OL alexa. Others have reported that the usual spray dried bag out a bit and took away a bit of the shine.

mmmm i know im so unsure what to use! and where im going to get some!

i think this bag will be like m chloe saskias its a similar leather texture, i think we will have to watch the corners!

whens yours arriving IWantANewBag?